What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

auntmimi
on 7/30/15 7:50 am

Totals: Cals 639 Protein 91 Fat 18 Carbs 59 (eekkk) Sugars 17

NYMom222
on 7/30/15 7:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow you are so close to goal!!! Is this your goal or your surgeon's?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

auntmimi
on 7/30/15 8:03 am

My surgeons was to get me to 150lbs. I hit that and just kept going! I kinda just upped my goal 5 lbs at a time. My next goal is to get to 135. I bounce between 136 and 137. I could hit it but I have been enjoying my carb heavy beans. LOL

NYMom222
on 7/30/15 8:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My goal is one I set, to put me in my BMI range. I want to get below 200 - 19 more pounds and then I figure I'll take it 10lbs at a time. I am 5'11"... I remember being 195 before I started trying getting pregnant with my son 28 years ago, and I don't remember thinking I was 'too thin'... Actually I still considered myself fat, just (as I heard someone use)..."normal fat" LOL.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

auntmimi
on 7/30/15 8:39 am

Im only 5'1. I am smaller now then I was at the start of my freshman year of HS 21 years ago, and Im the same height too. My main goal was to be healthy, now my goal is to be happy with this new healthy me. I have had a lot of negative people make comments that I am too thin, when in all actuality I am not even in the "normal" part of the BMI scale. I wear a size Med top and size 8/10 jeans. Im comfortable where I am at :) its  big difference from the 24/26 Womens jeans people are used to seeing me in 15 months ago. 

lcraver
on 7/30/15 7:59 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

No rain here today! As to work uniform, I have always worn black pants and some type of printed shirt. While I get the whole concept of a "work uniform" and I probably do it to a certain extent, I don't WANT to do it. As clothes fit me better and I continue down, one of the things I am looking forward to the most is being able to wear lots of different clothes... and work is the main place I go. So, no work uniform for me yet... at least until I get the whole dressing my new body out of my system (and that's gonna take a while).

So, I won't be posting Friday or Monday, will be out of town, sans family... I can't wait! I say sans family because hubby and son aren't going with, but I am going to my family reunion in PA! Looking forward to spending time with my sisters.

My menu today:

B: Tea and SugarLeaf and a chocolate Premier Protein shake

S: 1 oz of beef jerky

L: Chicken noodle soup... my pouch has been feeling wonky in the past couple of days and that was the only thing in the house that sounded remotely good when I was packing my lunch. I counted the whole thing but I may only eat the broth with a couple of noodles.

D: Tuna Salad (3 oz of tuna, 1 tablespoon of Hellman's light mayo and a tablespoon of Mount Ollive NS Sweet Relish) over a bed of lettuce. 

S: Cherry Light and Fit greek yogurt.

Totals:  Calories - 705, Protein - 81, Carbs - 58 (dang noodles), Sugar - 26, Fat - 17

Vitamins - started, water started, exercise will be pool

Everyone have a great weekend!!   

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Dcgirl
on 7/30/15 8:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all!  What a nice break from work to log in and read about all y'all and see what's on your menus.  Now I want to have a ricotta pancake, so I may have to make those this weekend!

I work from home but since I work out in the morning, I tend to shower when I get home and put on a maxi dress from Target pretty much every single day.  I did go into our office in Virginia yesterday and rocked some seriously tall wedges that would have KILLED me at 300+ lbs...now I can walk, stand and dance in heels.  What a difference!

Time Since Surgery: 19 months

B: iced coffee with cream (I just ordered a french press so I can save $3 a day in fueling this habit), two hard-boiled eggs

S: Skinny Pop (I know I have said this before but I cannot have this in the house)

L: Costco AmyLu andoille chicken sausage, 2 links.  My most favorite chicken sausages in the entire world

S: Possibly another chicken sausage link

D: Leftover bbq tofu and vegan mac and cheese and garlic kale salad

E: I did 70 minutes on the arc trainer this am

Totals are 1,300 calories, 86 protein, 53 carbs.  Better than my recent menus for sure.

Have a great day, and stay cool (and dry!) all!  

lcraver
on 7/30/15 2:29 am, edited 7/30/15 2:30 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

You are truly my hero!! 70 mins on an arc trainer? Last time, I was on an arc trainer, my knee popped out of joint... lol. My left knee is weak from hyperflexing it about 10 years ago. I can slip on some water on the floor and it will "pop out" on me! I will admit, though, it hasn't been an issue lately... hmmm, strengthening, less stress on the joint??

Anyway, I always enjoy your post, Mamata2, AnnyBannay and the other athletes on this forum. It gives me so much hope and encouragement. I am up to jogging in the pool... so I am going to have to get to the gym soon and try the arc machine again... maybe for 3 minutes!!  LOL

Oh, and your nemesis might be Skinny Pop but I cannot have Yasso bars in the house (they whisper my name). 

Just wanted to let you know your posts mean something... thanks.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Queen JB
on 7/30/15 9:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I saw a cool project that encouraged people to just have FOUR items in their wardrobe and wear only those for a month (not including underwear and accessories). So like, two tops, one skirt and one pants. They all said that no one noticed, and that it was very liberating. I couldn't go that extreme, but as I lose weight I am going to be more conscious about replacing with high quality "staples" rather than a closet full of things I never wear.

I am 10 days post op (one more day until I move on to Mushies!):

7am: 8oz Ocean Spray diet

8am: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with dry onion dip mixed in

9:30am: 12oz water 

12pm: 8oz Unjury Strawberry mixed with Lemonade Crystal Light

1:30pm: 10oz Powerade Zero

3pm:1/2 c Fat Free Fage Greek Yogurt mixed with Peanut Butter Matrix protein powder

4:30pm: 8oz Fruit20

6:30pm: 8oz Mint Chocolate Matrix protein shake

8pm: 8oz herbal tea

9pm: 1/2 c sugar free butterscotch pudding

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Capogirl
on 7/30/15 9:35 am

That is a bit too extreme for me; although, I do have a very limited work wardrobe at the moment, only 4 pair of capris and about 6 tops.  I haven't really found anything at the consignment shops or Salvation Army, most of my clothes I have bought at Koh's, thank goodness for their sales.  Now that I'm smaller I may venture back to Marshalls or TJMaxx, they don't usually have much in my size though. 

Most Active