Weight gain

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/4/15 9:14 pm - OH

You as going to drive yourself crazy if you stress out so much over a "gain" of a couple of pounds!  

First of all, it is physically impossible for you to eat enough to gain weight.  It takes about 3500 extra calories to gain a single pound.  So unless you are mixing your protein powder into a milkshake with ice cream, you are NOT gaining fat.

Second, many things can cause a weight change of a pound or two either direction (yet no one ever says they lost a pound of water weight or from a large bowel movement... They always attribute a loss to actual fat loss!): women can have water retention from hormone fluctuations, then there is water retention/loss based on sodium intake, if you are experiencing problems with constipation, even that can account for a pound or two.

Your body has always been this way, but you have never been so obsessed with weighing yourself before.  It really isn't necessary to weigh yourself every day, and probably isn't a good idea if you are going to allow it to affect you so much.  (What are you going to do if you hit a stall and don't lose any weight for 2 months?)

Do what you know you should be doing, and you WILL lose the weight. You won't lose weight every day (especially after the first two months) and you may have some weeks where you lose nothing all but then have a larger loss the following week. Then there are the stalls where you may go 4 or 6 or 8 weeks and lose nothing.  It is all part of the process.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 9/4/15 9:23 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Did I read your comments right? You gained one pound? a slight increase is not a weight gain, it is a fluctuation. Why are you weighing yourself before bed? I am a weigh-myself-every-day person, But... I only weigh in the morning once a day. I do not hop on and off. I record the weight once a week. Can't get crazy over fluctuations.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active