What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 11/19/15 9:26 am, edited 11/19/15 1:30 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I make something very similar.  I use tuna packed in water and then add olive oil.  I also add capers in addition to what you listed above.  Love capers!  I take this to parties as an appetizer and serve it with crackers or crostini.  I like to bring endive leaves to use as my "cracker."

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mschwab
on 11/19/15 9:13 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Awesome picture, and I am totally jealous of your trip and your shopping.  Rome, Venice and London are three of my favorite cities in the world (Paris is number one).  So fun!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 11/19/15 10:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, great trip! I was just planning a European getaway last night with my BFF. Can't wait! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 2:21 pm

I have missed you Em. 

mschwab
on 11/19/15 9:25 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone.  It is cold and rainy here in Portland.  Traffic this morning was pretty terrible, so I tried all of the back roads to get to work.  Unfortunately, so did everyone else.  Boo!

I occasionally drink carbonated beverages.  They don't bother my pouch unless I gulp, so I try not to do that.  I was a Diet Coke ***** before surgery (hardest thing to give up), and I don't drink it very often now.  Maybe once or twice a month.  I do like a can of Red Bull or Rockstar (both sugar free), but limit those to once or twice a week.  Diet Coke still tastes like heaven to me, but I drank it before surgery like it was my job, and I don't want to go back there.

People that knew me in college or before call me Mary.  Others call me Maryann.  I have had some interesting conversations with people about my name.  I don't have a middle name, but some like to argue that Ann is my middle name.  Alrighty.  I guess they know best.

Time since surgery:  1 year

B:  Egg Beaters Omelette with FF mozzarella and bacon

S:  Dannon Light and Fit Greek - Banana Cream with PB2

L:  Chicken soup

S:  Protein Hot Chocolate

D:  4 oz. chicken breast

TOTALS:  Calories 651, Protein 85, Carbs 43, Fat 18, Sugar 13

Have an awesome day everyone!

stacyrg
on 11/19/15 9:43 am, edited 11/19/15 2:42 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  I have not had a soda since the day before my surgery 18 months ago.  I used to drink diet coke like it was going out of style.  I'm afraid to try it now, and fear is good, right?  My surgeon had me go decaf back in May to try and control an ongoing acid issue (I sound like such a wreck, ugh) so I would have had to switch to decaf diet coke if I had started up again.  Since I can't have caffeine, most tea is out also, so I drink a crazy amount of Propel.  I've noticed a few pounds creep back and in my mind it correlates to the propel (which is sugar free and no calorie) so I think I'm going to try and go back to plain water and see how it goes.  As for nicknames . . . yep, I have them.  When I was little my family called me Toad (Have no idea why) and it's stuck.  Also, I have a group of friends that call me Stash (again, I don't know why) or Stay.  At this point, I pretty much respond to anything!

Here's my food plan.  As I said, I've gained a few pounds (3.3 to be exact) and I'm fighting the urge to restrict calories to under 1200 to get the regain off against my surgeon's orders.  Anyway, here's the plan.

B: 3.3 oz ground turkey, spinach and 1 oz of shredded jack cheese

L: Chicken thigh 4oz

D: New York Strip (4 oz) 1/4 cup Asian salad

S: Light and Fit and Peanut Butter (the peanut butter needs to stop, but I can't bring myself to chuck the jar.  As soon as this jar is finished I'm back on the PB2 train; Somersaults

Totals: Cal. 1035; Protein: 97g; Fat: 48g; carbs: 41g

Juliek7312
on 11/19/15 10:45 am

I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper every day before surgery. I haven't had any carbonated drinks since a month before surgery (was trying to quit the addiction before surgery) I'm afraid to try it now lol

A couple of my family members will call me Jules... I hate it lol. My husband calls me Kitteh when hes being affectionate.

Time since surgery: almost 7 months

B:  2 Eggface crustless quiche bites

S: pure protein bar

L:  protein shake

D:  spaghetti squash crust pizza

TOTALS:  Cals:  519  Protein:  68  Carbs:  28 Fat:  16

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 11:44 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Kitteh; that's cute!  In addition to the ubiquitous "honey", my husband also calls me Boobah, but I have no idea where that came from.

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 12:28 pm

It was rainy when I woke up but it's cleared away, thank God.  I don't like inclement weather of any type.  Bad weather is an easy trigger for me and I just hate the struggle.  I try not to drink soda, but I have to admit, I occasionally do.  If I do, it's like once every couple months and it's a no calorie one.  All this stuff about dark-colored sodas and possible cancers makes me nervous but every so often I get a craving and drink one.  Most of the time I drink water with a 4C Green Tea powder packet in it or coffee.

I do have a couple nicknames.  My husband calls me Parker.  My family calls me Dulka because I made that name up for myself when I was little.  I had an imaginary friend and I named myself that.  I am also referred to as Apers from time to time.  

I am trying to cut some snacks out and save some calories but little by little because I think I was actually eating too much but I know that if I scale it back all at once I will be so head hungry and have an issue which will lead to a food fest.  Here is what I know for the day:

B:  Protein coffee 168 cals 27 g protein

S:  One egg omelet with tuna and spinach, green beans and carrots 195 cals 20g protein

L:  Same as snack again but with 3 turkey sausage links 308 calories 28g protein

S:  spinach and cherry tomatoes, light n' fit greek yogurt with chia seeds, and a gala apple 180 calories, 12g protein

D:  I don't know yet

So far that looks like 851 calories and 87g protein...we will see about dinner but I don't wanna pass over 1400 calories for the day if possible.  

Juliek7312
on 11/19/15 12:38 pm

how do you make your "protein coffee"? think that would be a good way for me to start the day ^^

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views