What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/17/24 3:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Friday! I can't believe we still have a day left, though. I am exhausted. I took an entire sleeping pill and I slept hard for 8 hours! Very needed. I'm still groggy but I hope I can slog through the last few hours and crawl to the weekend.

For the first time since February, I have no weekend plans!!!!! No classes to teach or take! Yay! I think my mom and a friend might come over but that's about it. And cookies, of course :)

QOTD: What's your worst "I can't figure out how to get home" story? Last night was almost a total disaster. The commuter train I take was just flat out canceled. They only come every hour, so that sucks. But I looked at the website and saw that the two before mine on the same line had also been canceled, so I had no faith that the next one was going to come. I called Grim and we cooked up a complicated plan for me to take a bunch of subways that would get me half way home and he'd pick me up there. But that was a mess, too. I waited for the first subway (which said it was 1 minute away on the ticker) for 19 minutes. I finally bailed on that subway and the second I got to the top of the escalator, it showed up. Arghhhhh! I put my eggs back in the commuter rail basket, and thankfully it actually showed up.

Accountability: Not my best day. I was like the Very Hungry Caterpillar yesterday. I had some extra snacks in my desk and ate them all. Nothing unhealthy, just twice as much as I had planned to have. It was rainy, so couldn't go for a walk, and I was stuck with 5000 steps.

I am too tired to make a full plan but I have a cheeseburger that I want to eat, and that should take me through at least 2 out of 3 meals.

Have a great weekend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 5/17/24 4:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'm doing something kind of cool this morning. Although our winters in Chicago are chilly we do have an outdoor Mall, which is well decorated with flowers. I guess that in order to plant the summer annuals, they need to pull out the the spring bulbs from all of the planters. So in exchange for a canned goods donation, we can drive up and get a bag containing 100 tulip bulbs. Marilyn has to take my youngest to appointments this morning, so I am going to go and get a bag for Marilyn.

After that I am driving into the office. It has been about a year since I have driven in, but of all days to do it Friday is the best for both traffic and parking. Definitely, the Palm for a nice steak for lunch. Crossfit tonight and I am running a 5k tomorrow morning. If I'm feeling sporty I will go to Crossfit after the race. Other than that, mostly reading and relaxing. My youngest is home for a short break before he heads back to school for the summer.

QOTD: I was flying home from a conference in Colorado. The airplane cabin started filling with smoke. The flight attendants were becoming very nervous and you could hear the fear in their voices. We had to divert to Peoria for an emergency landing and had to exit off the wing without our carry-ons. Unfortunately, one older lady broke her ankle climbing down from the wing. From Peoria, they chartered a bus to take us back to O'Hare. Then a drive home the next morning. Luckily, as it turned out, the plane wasn't on fire, it had just flown over a fire and took in some of the ground smoke.

Pictures from graduation weekend.

breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Steak and Hash Browns

Dinner: TBD (we have no food in the house after being away a week)

have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/17/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad the site let you upload the pics- they are great!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 5/17/24 6:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Great grad pictures. Congrats again!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 5/17/24 7:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The photos are beautiful. What a great looking family.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 5/17/24 8:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I have to admit, I woke up Saturday and thought "what on earth are we going to do with the grandparents for the next 3-6 days??"

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 5/17/24 7:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Wonderful pic's!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Melody P.
on 5/17/24 4:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! QJB! Yikes on the getting home last night! Glad you made it!

Nothing much planned today. I'm sure my mom wants to go to the thrift store but other than that I'm hoping for a stay home kind of day. My mouth is feeling better and I'm at the annoyed stage. The pain is better so i'm thankful for that. I'm ready for the stitches to dissolve...that's for sure.

QOTD: when I went and saw Green Day in Denver the friend I went with insisted we were parked in another place. We ended up walking two extra miles or so until they finally listened to where I remembered we were parked. I was about to die...LOL

eggs and ???

Mel

catwoman7
on 5/17/24 4:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

before I forget, QJB, I started listening to "Beyond All Repair" yesterday and binged through six episodes. Love it! (although I love murder mysteries in general - the "Bear Brook" ones you recommended a year or two ago were also terrific!). I'll finish that up today. Otherwise, I plan on making rye bread today (the type we're more accustomed to - with caraway seed - not the Danish variety) and some strawberry white chocolate cookies (the latter being for a party we're going to tonight). It's supposed to be a nice day weather-wise, so I'll get out and bike for a couple of hours, too.

QOTD: nothing is coming to mind. Although most of the places I've lived haven't been big enough that I had to rely heavily on public transportation. We have bus service here (which I often use to get to and from classes), but they come pretty frequently - and if I had to, I could call Uber or a friend to get home - or even walk (although it would be a pretty long walk...)

I need to really watch my eating today due to the party tonight. I always have good intentions to be "good" at parties, but it doesn't always turn out that way...

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

Loma Linda taco filling with diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

baby carrots with hummus

protein shake

"dinner" will be at the party. Usual self-imposed rules will be in effect (although I don't always follow them once I get there) - no store-bought desserts, load up at the fruit and vegetable trays, spend most of the evening with a drink in hand, chatting with people instead of hanging around the food tables...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 5/17/24 6:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The last two episodes of Season 2 - Beyond All Repair are some of the best podcast episodes of all time IMO! Glad you are enjoying it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?