What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/8/16 5:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  Did everyone enjoy the weekend and make good choices at their respective Super Bowl gatherings?  I went off the rails a little food-wise (mmm...pizza), but still had a great time!  Which is way better than Friday morning, where I had to pull over on the way to work because I was either having a panic attack (unlikely) or an episode of reactive hypoglycemia.  I was all shaky and my heart was pounding...scary.  I usually don't eat anything before I leave the house, but I was up early with the husband and we split a donut and OJ.  I'm pretty sure that's not going to be happening again anytime soon.

Time since surgery:  18 1/2 months

B:  coffee, Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese and salt and pepper pork rinds

S:  Click Mocha

L:  shrimp ****tail and 34 degree crackers

D:  leftover pepperoncini venison roast with gnocchi

TOTALS:  Cals:  824  Protein:  124  Carbs:  54  Fat:  20

Have a great day!!

terri101b
on 2/8/16 5:54 am - Brunswick,, OH

This is my favrite forum to read,,,only one problem,,i am only 9 weeks post op and can not eat this stuff yet,,,I get jealous..lol...but still my favorite reading...

peachpie
on 2/8/16 6:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

What stage are you on? I think I was on a regular diet my 9 weeks- but I forget.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

terri101b
on 2/8/16 3:29 pm - Brunswick,, OH

Back to liquids,,,everytime I have that Freak in balloon go down my esophagus, they put me back to liquids...

Queen JB
on 2/8/16 6:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I started posting here the day I came home from the hospital. It's about doing your planning and staying honest, no matter where you are in the process! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

danie11e
on 2/8/16 6:08 am

Good Morning!

I had a really good weekend! My husband surprised me with a date Saturday morning for Valentines as we have two birthday kid birthday parties next weekend. We went to a glass blowing class, made a flower and a paperweight; and then went to lunch at a restaurant we wouldn't want to take the kids to. I also went shopping to pick up some things for our cruise. Holy moly, now that I am able to shop in the "normal" section I got some awesome clearance deals! I also bought a pair of capris that were a size 12 - woo!!!

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: Monster Muscle
S1: Ellie Quark Yogurt
L: Sweet & Spicy Tuna kit
S2: Cheese Stick
D: Turkey Chili
S3: TBD
E: Not today

Cal: 756 Protein: 71 Carb: 79 Fat: 19

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

peachpie
on 2/8/16 6:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning! Despite how it made you feel I'm jealous of your 1/2 donut and OJ. I LOVED OJ pre-op, it was my coffee. Oh how I miss it. If I drink any now I water it down by half so it doesn't tempt me nearly as much to guzzle more and more. 

My hubby did his Superbowl eats, I only ate two of his shrimp (BTW, I HATE unpeeled shrimp-- I refer to them as sea roaches- cause that what they look like). He had hoagies, crab legs, shrimp and rib tips. Ate him himself silly so we couldn't even get in our 1/2 time action we were planning on .

My menu today is light because I haven;t really cooked-- I'll be making the things I'vve been planning on all weekend (chicken sausage & quesadillas) tonight. 

Time since surgery: 9 months

M1: 1.7oz ham, 1/2c egg beaters, sprinkle colby jack cheese

M2: Yogurt/1/2 Pumpkin flax granola

M3: 1.7oz ham/turkey lunch meat/cheese stick & 34g cashews

M4:  Chicken Sausage or quesadillas filling

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

cheapskate
on 2/8/16 6:17 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Apparently, not working and being on the East coast lend to the latent early riser in me. 

I did fine this weekend, not a big football person and not a big football food person. 

I made it to Atlanta without my scale. I have been thinking of it fondly and am looking forward to weighing Friday but haven't had more than some minor heart flutters over not having it. 

What I did bring was a small arsenal of groceries. I didn't want this week to derail me or be all about food. I want to lose another 15 pounds by my one year and that is 8 eeeks away. 

Have my gall bladder surgery scheduled but am considering canceling. I am going to call my surgeon and see if he feels it is mandatory or manageable. I have not had a true attack since it all started and am really loathe to have another surgery. I will defer to his professional judgment but want to ask. 

Today is hubby's birthday so I am trying to be smart without being neurotic... We will see if neurotic takes over. 

Eggs and bacon. Berries

Canned chicken w/ 1/3 c of plain greek yogurt

Rest of yogurt and half a scoop of protein powder

I might remove the yogurt /powder depending in hubbys plans but we will probably end up at a steak joint so I will have some of his steak and a side of shrimp. 

cheapskate
on 2/8/16 6:18 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Ooops. My planned stats are cals 538 protein 66 carbs 18 fat 21

stacyrg
on 2/8/16 9:17 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I asked my surgeon the same question.  He told me I could cancel, but it was like playing russian roulette.  His feeling was I needed the surgery and i might as well have it done on my terms rather than after a gallbladder attack lands me in the ER with an emergency surgery.  Just thought I'd share my experience

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views