In need of some encouragement

Chinookmom
on 6/27/16 12:51 pm - La Vista, NE

Hello!! I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time right now. What you're feeling is not only normal, but common. I promise you, things will get better in time and you will be glad you decided to have the surgery. I'm 4 years post op and can honestly say, it was one of the BEST decisions I've ever made! It's not an easy process, but definitely worth it! Hang in there and be kind to yourself!! 

mschwab
on 6/27/16 2:51 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I am sorry you are having such a tough time.  Physically, you will heal with time, and you will no longer feel tired or weak.  This was a major surgery.  Give your body permission to heal.  As for the other,  it is natural to be scared about losing your closest companion and supporter, food.  But food is a false friend.  While it promises comfort, when abused, it is also slowly killing us.  I know it was me.  It will rob you of your health, stamina, strength, mobility and finally, your life.  You made the right decision to take back your control and your health.  Give yourself a break, allow your body to heal, and know that, if you follow your surgeon's program, you will succeed.  And that is better then you can possibly imagine.  Good luck.  You've got this!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

kerbear1969
on 6/27/16 3:12 pm - MD

It is totally normal to feel how your feeling and I promise it gets better.  I still have periods of fatigue.  But I totally DON'T regret anything, this is simply amazing......

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Most Active
Recent Topics