Severe pain in stomach and right sholder

KrystalSlate
on 8/25/16 11:44 am
RNY on 09/23/15

This may have nothing to do with gastric bypass but has only started after surgery. I am 11 months out and have had the pain off and on for a while, had my gall bladder out at 6 months. I am having the pain a few times a day. Its a weird pain in my stomach and under my right shoulder blade. Its a stabbing pain mixed with an achey pain. There does not seem to be a pattern. It happens sometimes after I eat. Today I have had nothing bu****er and it happened around 2:30 pm. I have another month before my next appointment and it seems weird just did not know if anyone else has experienced it.

On another note I have a pain in my throat at the base like the cave of my neck like where the v is at the top of the chest plate. I think it feels like heartburn, but they say I should not have daily, has anyone else experienced this.

Debstamper
on 8/25/16 12:01 pm - CA

It is probably GAS, believe it or not.  The first year after my surgery, I visited the ER thinking I was having a heart attack and it was diagnosed as GAS or acid reflux.  I recommend you see your doctor to be on the safe side, always with chest, shoulder or back pain. 

Deborah Nunez
Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/25/16 12:40 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Can you call your surgeon's office? They can help figure out over the phone if "this is a big deal, let's get you in sooner" or if there's a less-worrisome explanation and they're OK to see you in a month. You can usually chat with a nurse on the phone to see what's up.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 8/25/16 1:20 pm - Warren, OH

I was having weird pain in my chest and arm after I ate and thought it was gas or gallbladder.  It turned out to be a blockage in my heart arteries.  A triple bypass solved the pain.

Get it checked out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?