Anyone looking at Spring 2017 for surgery???

Terri70
on 8/26/16 1:54 pm

I'm looking for others like me. I am in my 4th month of my 12 month health education program through my insurance. I have 8 more months to go. UGH! It's went fast so far, but when I look at the time that still needs to go by I get depressed. 12 months is a long wait! I'm hoping for a April or May surgery date. I've already done my stress test, and I have to get a breathing test done for my pulmonologist to see if I have COPD on Sept. 12th. Then I have to do my sleep study on Sept. 19th. On Sept. 21st, I have 3 appts at the surgeons office. First with the Psychologist, then the NUT, then the PA for the clinic/program. I'm not too sure what is supposed to happen after that. I guess I'll find out on the 21st.

BTW, I am 5'6", HW 280 CW 270 GW maybe 145 or so (we'll see).

Peanut15
on 8/27/16 5:46 am

My surgery is 11/21 but it doesn't seem that busy around here. I think once January hits you will see a few people pop up with spring dates. I just thought I would say hi. Feel free to message me we could support each other even though our surgeries are months apart. 

Amanda

Bev7594
on 8/27/16 10:00 am
RNY on 06/12/17

I am hoping for a February surgery. I have an appt. with the internist next month and the nutritionist, psychologist and nurse in November. I too wish that I could know when so I can better prepare myself mentally.

Daniel B.
on 8/27/16 12:30 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

I don't have a scheduled date yet but it should be in January or February.  I just started my 6 month nutrition counseling. 

Terri70
on 8/28/16 8:42 am

Good luck.

KarenM72
on 8/30/16 5:38 pm

My insurance requires 6 months of Dr supervised weight loss.  Today was my first appt to begin the process.  I'm thinking March or April is the best case scenario for me.  I am starting to do research to see what to expect next.

Lucinda66
on 8/31/16 7:02 pm

Hi. I'm in my 2nd. month of the 7 month required insurance classes. My surgery should be end of February or March. go for a sleep study on the 9th. Psychologist end of November. Feb or March seems so far of fright now, but I'm trying to read up and get educated. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views