Pre-op diet is horrific!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/15/16 7:05 am

Drink more water. Add some chicken stock for sodium and minerals. 

You will be fine. Get busy..get a nap..take a walk.. Get your mind busy.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/16 7:40 am

Thanks.  No soup for me (doctor) and I'm drinking tons of water :(

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/15/16 7:47 am

Chicken stock - or chicken bone broth.. The worst for me was to be dehydrated, not getting enough sodium when I was on a 4 week prep diet.. (4 shakes + low carb meal per day) 

As we lose the stored glycogen - we also lose lots of water. Sodium or carbs keep water stored in our body. Unless you have water renetion - high BP - having a 8oz of chicken stock may help with with minerals and hydration. 

Low hydration - we get really tired... Watch for muscle twitching, constipation, etc... That may indicate mineral imbalances. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Heather P.
on 10/17/16 10:02 am

The pre-op diet is HORRIBLE, but honestly a few weeks after surgery you will barely remember how horrible it was.  Just power through it and remember it's all worth it in the end!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/16 10:50 am

makes sense 

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 11:01 am
RNY on 09/22/16

So how are you holding up now? Is it getting any easier for you? Remember how important this is and keep looking forward! I was one of the two weeks only water and shakes pre-op. It sucked big time but was totally worth it - I went from 245 -to- 217 BEFORE surgery.

Ceci

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 7:40 pm

Thanks for checking on me.  It's getting better.  Surgery is next Monday.  Eye on the prize!

mute
on 10/19/16 5:33 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Mine was zero shakes, liquids only. AND I gained weight on it. 19 months later I'm still bitter about that lol!!It was 2 weeks of OMG I HATE THIS.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active