What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/16 5:16 am

I really don't eat popcorn. It is a major trigger food for me. Also I don't digest it well. Going to see my mom today. 

B:Coffee and more coffee protein bar for the ride.

L:Burger no bun

D:Not sure

Have a good day stay warm. I am not digging this cold weather. I know it isn't even bad yet. 

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 3:40 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

the cold weather does suck, my hands suffer so bad.  How many days to Spring LOL

Daffodilgirl
on 11/28/16 5:29 am

Good morning menu gang.  We had a great weekend even though half my family was sick.  The house is decorated and we are ready to go.  I am so excited about Christmas time.  

Time since surgery 8.5 months 164.4 this morning (pre Thanksgiving weight) 

QOTD- I love popcorn with salt and butter.  I have not eaten it since I have had surgery.  I am almost afraid too because I could eat a very large tub of it by myslef.  

B- Scrambled egg and 1 piece of bacon

L- 2 oz Ribeye 

D- 2 oz Scallops 

S- Protein shake for my protein numbers 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 3:41 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

sorry to hear the family is still sick, its such a nasty bug!  I know Christmas is your time of year so you must be buzzing with excitement, less than a month now!

I see you are still kicking butt on this WLS journey, keep up the awesome work DG!!! Proud of you!!!

lizz122964
on 11/28/16 5:45 am

Good morning Daisy and menu friends , I had a productive but relaxing weekend as well . I'm realizing more and more that this journey is going to be a lifetime challenge .Yes Daisy when I see a picture of all the successful wls people I think wow look at them , I don't think about the daily struggles you go through to make good choices . Because of this site I know that the struggle is only going to get real when I move to the delicate balancing act of maintenance . 

QOTD : Salty with extra butter,oh how I love you lol 

Menu 

B 1 hard boiled egg , 1 chicken nibbler 

L Protein Drink , pb2 

D 2 oz of ground turkey with taco seasoning 

S 3 / 4 cup of plain Greek yogurt 

Totals 549 calories  81 grams of protein 

Have a good day everyone . 

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 3:44 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You really nailed it Lizz with "lifetime challenge" I am only 3 years out and lord give me strength how will I feel when I am 10 year out?  I am not saying this to scare or be mean but the DAILY STRUGGLE is HARD, so so so HARD.  I am so glad you are here with us on the menu board and seeing all different people at different stages post op. Maintenance is hard, glad you are learning so much now!

You are doing so awesome with your menu, great numbers girl!!!  Keep up the awesome work!

lizz122964
on 11/28/16 4:42 pm

Thanks Daisy , I'm so glad I'm learning all this information now . 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/28/16 6:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Popcorn, hmmm... I can live with or without it but am a little nervous about it still (8 month surgiversary), because nuts sometimes bother my intestinal system.  Pre-surgery I could put away a bag of that white cheddar smartfood pretty quick (so didn't buy it). Now for crunch, I love the Quest sour cream and onion chips (130 calories, 21 G protein per bag).

B: egg beaters, cottage cheese and roasted tomatoes/mild green chilis (my usual)

L: probably deli meat (had GREAT grilled grouper yesterday for lunch plus 1/3 of a slice of unbelievable coconut cream pie that I only can get here)

D: probably out to dinner - likely fish and veggies

S: ?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 3:52 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

The great thing Liz is you can avoid foods that bother you or that you feel might be a trigger food, so keep those nuts away, no upset tummy's here!! Looks like most of us menu posters loved white cheddar Smartfood!  I so WISH I could have the quest chips, I am allergic to potatoes and potato starch!  So a lot of that stuff are things that I can't have, bummer!

Oh coconut cream pie is one of my all time favs, mmmmm I am jealous!!

achelle131
on 11/28/16 6:06 am
RNY on 08/30/16

The last few days have been amazing. I loved the 4 day weekend. I'm still at home actually, working from home as I watch little man since his sitter has 3 dr appts and can****ch anyone today.

QOTD: I'm a sugar addict, so I liked buttery popcorn, and white cheddar popcorn, sure. HOWEVER, when you threw something like nestle bunch a crunch on top of theatre butter popcorn and let it melt, or do the chicago mix (cheddar popcorn and caramel corn) i would be in heaven. I was really, really bad. I love salted sweet stuff. Ugh, i can't even think about it now.

Time since surgery: 12 weeks, 6 days

B: 1 fried egg, 1 oz smoked turkey sausage

S: Premiere Protien choc, warm

L: Menudo (Filipino pork stew with carrots & Peas)

S: Syntrax Vanilla Torte, skim lactaid, 2 frozen strawberries

D: Kalbi (Korean bbq short ribs), zoodle bake

Totals: 724 cal, 82 protein, 39 carbs, 42 fat

Vitamins & Water Started

E: 10 min T25, 7 min yoga stretch. I may walk with the little one in the neighborhood, if its not too cold.

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 355 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 299 views