OK, the honeymoon is over?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/21/17 7:41 am

Approximately 2 months post op my new system healed and nerves become sensitive again. When before I could eat 2-3 oz of food - I had to start with 1 oz and go from there. 

Once nerves heal - you can feel " full" signals... And that can cause nausea or feeling like something is stuck..

Or ...Your GB is getting inflamed - stones or just sludge. That would cause nausea .Then pain...Down the road.

Looks like your insides are healing.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NYMom222
on 1/21/17 5:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Food 'bothering' people in the first 6 months especially is common...and there is no rhyme or reason to it...it seems

Then the second thing mentioned- the foamies - is horrible which is from food getting stuck...

Really small bites, chew well, make sure it is moist and eat slow so you can get the signal to stop....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 5:53 pm

I think that you are all right!  I just got a little ****y.  I refocused on slow chewing and not taking the extra bite.  Today I'm feeling 80% better.  

It's hard because I've been blessed with like no issues until now.  

Thanks for all of your support!

gbarron56
on 1/22/17 7:36 pm
RNY on 10/20/16

If it continues or gets worse, let your surgeons office know. You might need an endoscopy to see what's going on!

Gretchen Barron

HW 410; SW 378, RNY October 20, 2016

Monthly WL: M1=40 lbs; M2=28 lbs; M3=18 lbs; M4=8 lbs; M5=12 lbs;

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/17 7:16 am
RNY on 09/22/16

I am just about at the same place as you are and I can have that very same problem if I don't slow down and measure what I eat. My stomach still has its good days and bad days and I have to be extra careful not to try and eat too much! I know this sounds awful - but I hope it stays this way for a while because on the "good" days I have to reason with my "hungry mind" as to how much to eat and whether or not I am truly hungry. Especially on days like yesterday when I go out to eat with family for a special occasion and there are all sorts of bad foods surrounding me.

Ceci

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 3:03 pm

Hi Ceci,

Posts here were right.  It did help to slow down, not take that last bite and chew more.  I also was having more problems with constipation at the same time.  I changed from Miralax to Dulcolax and it cleared me right up!  I'm feeling better now on all fronts!

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 5:40 pm
RNY on 09/22/16

So glad you got it figured out! Keep up the hard work, you are doing great!

Ceci

Most Active
Recent Topics