Hair Loss

Lovely_Caprice
on 4/27/17 4:00 pm

I have the same problem and I'm in my 9th month. Hopefully soon this will stop. Not much we can do. I think of all the other benefits. Like wearing size 8-10 or "small". Also all the energy that I have. This is a million times better. Cheers!

Karen9849
on 4/27/17 4:19 pm

Ok Jenn take a deep breath. Yes the hair falls out, but it will come back. I know it's devastating, but it's so worth the benefit. I have had several surgeries that have caused my hair to fall out, so I've been through this, thought I was prepared. This was different....I lost a lot of hair, every day I would have handfuls after I showered. I am fortunate to have had thick curly hair, so I think I noticed it more than anyone. I started at month 3 and has finally ended at month 7. I too take Bioten 10000 mg daily. My hair is starting to grow back, about 1" now at the hairline. I just cut it short this weekend and it did help, It's hard for a women to feel sexy/attractive when you feel balding. But I will say I honestly would of this again regardless of the hair loss. Your health is worth it, don't worry about vanity, its gradual and most people wont notice like you do.

Best of luck

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

Grim_Traveller
on 4/27/17 4:39 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Large amounts of biotin will do nothing for the hair on your head. Seriously. But it will start you on some nice facial and arm hair.

Patience. It will grow back on its own.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Breezy84
on 4/28/17 6:06 am
RNY on 06/06/17

I am also worried about this going into my surgery next month because my hair is already falling out. I have been taking biotin and prenatal vitamins to help but it's a slow process. I did not know your hair falls out with this surgery until I spoke with some others so this shocked me a little. I hope it is not that bad for me. Good luck

AngAng
on 4/28/17 9:42 am

is the hair loss due to major surgery, or because of malabsorption? I have serveral major surgeries and have never lost my hair to the point of it being noticing.

If my experience with surgery is that I didn't lose hair, will that be my experience this time around?

Interesting topic.

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 5:38 pm

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. My hair thinned quite a bit and I lost some, but not to that extent. I think you're doing all the right things. Just keep up on your protein and I would suggest adding a pre-natal vitamin.

AronGlower
on 7/8/22 6:40 pm, edited 7/14/22 5:08 am

I also have a problem with hair loss. Before having a baby, I had long, luxurious hair, but I started having problems during pregnancy. I tried thousands of shampoos and masks, but nothing helped. Then I decided to turn into a trichologist, and I'll say that it was a great decision. I passed the tests, and the doctor advised me to change the shampoo and recommended Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo . I noticed results within a few weeks. Hair became silky, shiny, and more elastic. So I recommend everyone to contact a trichologist so that you can choose the right care.