What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 3/12/18 3:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Monday! Here we go again! Another work week. Hard to believe its mid March. Time flies. Did you all have a good weekend? I had a great weekend. It was really busy but wonderful. I have a very busy week this week at work and my evenings are busy too.

Accountability: can we not talk about this? LOL I ate ALL THE THINGS this weekend. It was ugly my friends. Le'ts just say thank god its a work week and I am not attached to the kitchen and going out to restaurants.

QOTD: How do you sleep now post surgery? I barely sleep. I hate it. I could sleep forever when I was a pre op but now as a post op I am lucky if I get 4 hours of sleep a night. I have no idea why. I have tried multiple things and the only thing that helps me sleep is a prescription sleeping pill that I have from my Doctor. Nothing else works for me. I don't use the script very often, once in a blue moon but I go to bed and I toss and turn and sleep horribly. I need to do some sleep training I think!!

Time since surgery: 4 yrs + 3 months

B: decaf coffee for days + vanilla PP used as creamer

L: bell pepper, goat cheese, cranberries, two hard boiled eggs as tossed together as a "salad"

S: 5oz of baby carrots

D: 3.5 oz of shrimp + ****tails sauce

S: not sure if I will have one or not, but if I do then yogurt

TOTALS: 796 calories, 96 protein, 45 carbs

V: Patches are on

E: 5km run at work and then leg night

Have a great start to your week!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 3/12/18 3:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Bracing for what looks like 18+ more inches of snow tomorrow. Ugh.

Accountability: Ok. I went off AMAW and had some treats, but I am happy with the balance I maintained. Back to AMAW today, with the exception of cheese on my cheeseburger.

QOTD: My sleep hasn't changed. I am great at falling asleep. I SUCK at staying asleep. I wish I could shut off my brain.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Theduffman27
on 3/12/18 4:48 am
VSG on 11/19/14

You have had your moneys worth this winter JB!!! You must be ready for it to be over!!!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Writergurl08
on 3/12/18 4:09 am, edited 3/11/18 11:02 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Last week off from work and I?m actually looking forward to getting back into my work routine, but I have a few goals for this last week off regarding little projects around the house. I feel like going back to work will help me get some kind of eating/water schedule sorted out.

Qotd: I?ve suffered on and off with insomnia since puberty, and I was hoping weight loss might help. If it doesn?t...well I don?t know. Ha! I do occasionally get prescription sleeping meds but I try to avoid using them unless I?m desperately tired.

Breakfast: Greek L&F

snack: protein shake (I forgot yesterday and ended up low on protein)

lunch: tilapia fillet perhaps

dinner: leftover chicken (shredded,cooked in the crockpot with a little cream of chicken soup and cheese)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 3/12/18 4:23 am, edited 3/11/18 10:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

this is going to be a long day - or at least the first six hours or so. Reference desk all morning, immediately followed by two back-to-back classes. UGH. I'll be ready to drop dead by 3:00. At least this will be the last day I'll be "on stage". I have one more class scheduled in April, but it'll be led by a graduate assistant - I'm just there to observe & assist. Thank God. I don't mind teaching, but by this time of the semester, I'm ready for it to end. Too many classes. I'm glad so many instructors bring their classes over to the library for training, but our staff is really stretched thin because of the demand.

accountability: good weekend, but too much restaurant eating. My calorie levels weren't bad, considering, but all that sodium is killing me. I'm a bloated, waterlogged mess this morning - I'll be slamming fluids all day. Thank God it's over for awhile..

two big updates: I informed our HR person that, barring any extreme cir****tances, like if the country enters another severe recession or my husband loses his job, I plan to retire August 1. YAY!!! Haven't turned in the official forms yet, but this is a big step. I'm feeling a mix of apprehension and relief. Second update: I scheduled three consults for plastic surgery in Chicago. I may set up another one in Minneapolis - and then possible do virtual ones with Dr. Michaels in Maryland and Peter Fisher in San Antonio. I'd really prefer to be close enough to home that I can recuperate here (and just drive back for follow-ups and to get my drains out), but if the prices here are too high (I suspect Chicago might be), I'd consider traveling...

QOTD: I don't think my sleep has changed, really. I sleep about 6-7 hours a night (usually closer to six on weeknights). I wish I could sleep more, but there you go...

2 years 9 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 1 T tahini, blueberry/blackberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: I won't have time (desk shift ends at noon, class starts at 12:05), so maybe a protein bar

AS: 2 T peanut butter on celery sticks

D: turkey taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, Greek yogurt

maybe another yogurt later

ex: if I'm up for it, then something at the gym. Maybe the cross-trainer

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/12/18 4:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congratulations on both fronts (notifying HR and moving on PS)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Theduffman27
on 3/12/18 4:49 am
VSG on 11/19/14

How exciting! Congrats on giving your retirement notice, how did you feel on the way home? Any emotion either way?

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 3/12/18 6:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was feeling really weird about it the first day - kind of freaked out. But I'm kind of used to it now. Looking forward to it - although still, it's kind of scary. And a *huge* life change. I'm just hoping nothing will happen with Greg's job - for the money, yes, but mostly for the health insurance. We've been good savers for many years, and we lead a pretty low-consumption lifestyle for the most part. But health insurance would be an issue if anything happened. I suppose being jittery is normal. My mother still worries about this kind of stuff - and she's in her 80s and has been retired for years - and has enough socked away to last the rest of her life, as long as she doesn't run out and start buying boats or traveling to Europe every other month or something. At least I have a spouse who will likely be working full-time for another 8-10 years (he's younger than me - and a workaholic to boot! I can't imagine him ever retiring..)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Theduffman27
on 3/12/18 6:48 am
VSG on 11/19/14

It is so frustrating to me that we have to worry about healthcare when we retire!!!!!!

Emiepie
on 3/12/18 6:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views