Good Saturday morning! What's the plan for today?

Melody P.
on 3/2/24 12:47 am - Amarillo, TX

me for sure yesterday and tonight!

Good mornin y'all! Thanks for the well wishes yesterday for my nerve ablation!

It went ok. Though I did not realize I would be getting a dose of steroids for the inflammation. I only realized when I started feeling like absolute **** I mean really ****ty. My BS when I tested was a few points less than 400. I'm sure in the moments before that it was over 400. Insulin brought it back to the 200's where it still is. I feel like an idiot as I should've asked and I would have been more prepared. It's done though. I am in quite a bit of additional discomfort but that can happen for around 14 days after. Blood sugars like that make me feel really ill so I am glad the worst part is over. I HATE STEROIDS!

We may head to Walmarts today since we missed it yesterday. I need a few necessities and groceries but it'll depend on how I feel. Hoping it'll be better. Sleep is spotty so I get it in spurts. Right now I'm enjoying some coffee for the caffeine. I've had a splitting headache that it's helped immensely already

Tomorrow is my "birthday" party with my brother and his family. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to enjoy the food but the cauliflower crust pizzas has only a 1/4th of the carbs of a wheat based crust. I like cauliflower a lot so I'll have at least a piece depending on my BS numbers. We'll see about the mini cheesecakes from Sam's. I may put one up in the freezer for a later time.

Has any one here had a carpal tunnel release surgery?

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

QOTD: what color is your house on the outside? Or your apartment building?

ours is icky. I love my grandpa but he picked som icky colors. It is a lighter kind of olive green with a sand colored brick and white accents, the green was his jam. It used to be a dark olive green before him and it was super yuck with the bricks. We have a brown roof.

B: coffee then maybe some boneless chicken wings. Maybe an egg and low carb toast.

L: I'm thin,ing of some soup I have in the pantry. It's lower carb and mostly liquid. May add a small deal of veggies to it

D: no clue! Maybe some shrimp spring rolls.

Accountability: total dunce moment. I had a cookie...a big one broke up before I realized the whole steroid thing. I'm pretty sure that didn't help.

catwoman7
on 3/2/24 6:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin', Weekenders!

it'll be a beautiful day today, sunny and 60F without much wind, so we'll go biking for sure. I'll also go over to my mom's sometime today to get ready for her to switch computers (I took my MIL's desktop over there a week or so ago but haven't set it up yet - it's newer than my mom's - which used to be my dad's). At minimum I'll move whatever she still wants/needs on to a flash drive. I also need to watch the recorded sessions of an online conference I registered for - I did watch a couple of sessions live, but not all of them. That's probably about it for today. I need to find something to fill my time since the MIL apt project is over. We were so swamped for the last six to eight weeks that I'm feeling like I'm just lallygagging around now - not liking this..

QOTD: mine is actually light olive-colored, too (sage, actually), but I like it. The trim is ivory and the doors are turquoise. We saw this combo in a paint brochure when we first painted our house 25 years ago and really liked it - and we still like it (fortunately, because that painting job we did (took two summers because of all the prep work that was needed) could have caused a divorce!! Now all DH does is touch ups on one side of the house each summer - usually just takes a weekend, if that)

B: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, half a piece of einkorn bread (toasted) with butter and SF jam, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: hot & sour soup (?)

AS: maybe an iced latte if we bike to a coffee place (DH prefers rides the involve a coffee destination)

D: some leftover lasagna (from Christmas) that I discovered in my freezer the other day

have a great Saturday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 3/2/24 6:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear the procedure went well and that you are getting out today. I had severe carpel tunnel issues and pain in my 20's and 30's. It's 'gone' now without surgery, but with years of therapy and use changes. Yesterday was great at work and things are really coming along. It was so much work! I bought pizza for the team and of course I had a piece -only one though before leaving for the day - man was it good! Today it's pouring rain. I love it when I'm home all snug, it's beautiful. I have some house things I want to do and tonight we are going out for sushi - yum.

QOTD - Our house is light gray/blue with darker blue trim

Accountability - Pizza and Cadbury mini eggs for lunch. 184.9. Moving on!

B- coffee x 3, eggbeater veggie scramble

l - real good burrito - air fryer version

d- ahi sashimi, cucumbers and edamame

s - brie bite, Finn crisp crackers and cherry tomatoes

818/81

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

White Dove
on 3/2/24 8:38 am - Warren, OH

My husband had years of pain with carpal tunnel and the surgery took about 15 minutes and relieved all of his pain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 3/2/24 2:25 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Mel-

YEs, steroids are bad for blood sugars, even non-diabetics. At least the ablations is over and done with. Hopefully the suffering for the next week or two will be worth the outcome. Never had carpal tunnel surgery. Wishing a happy birthday celebration with your family.

I didn't make it to the retirement lunch today. GI issues. Things are settling down so may go to the some minor housework. Otherwise, no real plans.

QOTD: light tan, white accents around windows/doors, deep red front door. I actually would have preferred something in the green family (more light green, not olive or evergreen).

Have a great weekend.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Soweder
on 4/11/24 2:52 am

Every day a really interesting updated idea. The website with a variety of information sources brings a really good experience. geometry dash lite

Most Active
Recent Topics