What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/8/24 2:12 am, edited 3/8/24 3:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh come on. I was able to upload pics this morning but it won't let me select anything and I had 2 gateway timeouts already. I'll try to come back and add them later.

But website issues aside, Happy Friday! I am 100% ready for this weekend. As I mentioned I am a little bored at work right now and yesterday afternoon I was just making up things to do. Today should be slightly busier, but still pretty chill until my supervisor gets back from our campus in Spain next week.

QOTD: Do you garden? Sorry to be a spoiler, but Grim maintains a beautiful flower garden for us. And if you couldn't tell from yesterday's post, I am completely useless with anything domestic. However, my one successful-ish gardening adventure happened during the summer when we were home with lockdowns, and since I will be mostly WFH this year, I want to try doing a nice raised herb garden again! I'm researching now but feel free to give me your tips!

Accountability: I must admit that my meal planning & prep this week left a lot to be desired. I am going to get a Costco order delivered today, and this weekend I am going to do some prep so that I can have some more structure next week.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • veggie burger
  • balanced break
  • chicken

Whee I got one up! Maybe my photo Fridays can come later.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 3/8/24 2:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday, for those who celebrate.

Don't forget Daylight Saving Time Sunday a.m.! I'm looking forward to a later sunset.

Today is unwrapping-a-new-ham-day. HamCat is going to be so excited.

Three weeks until Easter. Why are we thinking of hosting another holiday. Why?

QOTD:I don't mind planting things. I hate weeding. Hate it.

OH isn't letting me post pictures either.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/8/24 3:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Friday. I am ready to be home and ready for the weekend! 16 hours until I walk through my door.....if everything goes on schedule. Yay!

Nothing exciting today, just a bit of a commute this morning, a bunch of meetings and then fly home. My HRBP lives near my site visit so we might meet up for lunch before I head to the airport. Tomorrow lunch with my bestie in a town halfway between us and Sunday is the Oscar party so a great weekend ahead!

qotd - no, I have plants, including a shamrock tangle that I've kept alive for 4 years now, including moving it inside and out depending on the season, and a plethora of amaryllis. My yard is all drought tolerant native plants so they seem to grow ok but I don't really do anything to them.

menu today

Coffee with half and half and egg bites

tbd on lunch

plane food is a chomps and a protein bar

I don't have any new pix from this week so here's one from my memories two years ago this week!

Have a great day and weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/8/24 4:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. OH is having a lot of issues this morning. At one point it said it was offline on safari.

Nothing at all planned for the day. I think our high was reached at midnight at around 38°. 70 something yesterday and today that. We're supposed to see some form of moisture, maybe snow. My body is feeling the cold front for sure. I'm also in a really bad mood in general. Due to my mood and pain I'm going to spend today doing some creative stuff. I have a few ideas floating around in my head for chainmaille.

QOTD: no, not exactly a black thumb but I don't enjoy it.

M1: PP pancakes, 1 tbs syrup, 1/2 tbs I can't believe it's not butter and coffee x

M2: 2 ozs honey BBQ chicken pieces

M3: cabbage with ham & bacon...maybe cheese

M4: hard boiled eggs, dill relish, garlic sauce, cheese and turkey sausage crumbles

M5: prob some blueberries

Greateight
on 3/8/24 4:10 am, edited 3/7/24 11:28 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody:

Our team actually won at trivia last night. No thanks to me, although I did note that Bunny's toenail color was green. But only because they were showing the movie in the bar. Our prize was a growler of beer which the birthday celebrant took home. As for me, I had a barbecue stuffed baked potato and felt like I was going to explode after. So, some time spent with a sniffly nose, wishing that I could go home and lie down. I did rally for a bite of Birthday cake later on.

Speaking of baked goods, one of the tennis ladies had this hack: when she travels, she takes all of the (sealed) showers hats from hotel rooms and uses the as saran wrap. I guess the elastic on the hat works to keep everything sealed without worrying about unwrapping.

24.2 is out, and since it requires double unders, I will likely do the scaled version:

20 minutes, as many rounds and reps as possible:

300 meter row

10 Deadlifts, 95#

50 single under jump rope

Every year, I say that I will finally master them, but then a year goes by and I'm still terrible.

That is a really light deadlift, and singles are fast, so I should be able to keep on moving and hopefully get 7 or more rounds in. Any RX score will place higher than any scaled score, so I may do an additional 300 meter row and 10 135 pound deadlifts just to put in an RX score.

My youngest comes home for Spring Break tomorrow. We are mostly going to just hang out, although the three of us are going to a knife skills class at Sur La Table next Friday. He and Marilyn are also going to an Indian cooking class but I will be at work. Other than that, it's mostly gym time this weekend. I have to compose a longish text to Lisa, so that will take a bit of time to organize my thoughts.

QOTD: I love gardens, both vegetables and flowers, but Marilyn does most of the actual work.

Photos are the Price is Right outing, and subsequent feast, with Matt:

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Chicken Parm

Dinner: Stuffed peppers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 3/8/24 7:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Greateight
on 3/8/24 7:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Just River Cruise stuff, nothing stressful.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 3/8/24 8:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

A good knife skills class was game changing for me. Also ended up in me upgrading my knives.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/8/24 5:11 am, edited 3/7/24 9:17 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I?m typing this in word after losing my first post also in a gateway timeout, what a pain! (EDIT make that 5 gateway timeouts and 3 actual post!) A campus in Spain?! That sounds kind of awesome. Hopefully you won't be bored for long. It's Friday, finally. It's been a long busy week. Lots to do today at work, but it's all fun stuff for me organizing for the last bit of work in the office next week then on to decorating ? fun. After work I have a lot of errands. We are donating DSs car to a veteran/k9 cause and I'm very happy with that so meeting today for that. Also the bank, grocery store, vet to p/u meds, maybe Target if I have it in me. The weekend is a ?? I have things I intend to do as always, but getting them done? 50/50, the chances are one out of two. I will 100% relax and catch up on my shows though. I see a Mare of Easton binge re-watch ? I can't stop thinking about it now. I started watching Reign ? anyone?? I haven't finished the first episode yet, but so far I'm interested.

QOTD - In another life, yes. But now, no. My backyard is not in good condition and needs a ton of work. It gets mowed and trimmed but I have no desire to improve anything. Who knows, may this year since I won't wilt in the heat and make more of an effort ? at least on the area around our patio and go from there.

Accountability - Great - 183.8.

B- coffee, yogurt and protein granola

l- real good burrito

d ? tbd

Have a great weekend!

No upload - whomp

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 3/8/24 5:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

We started watching Happy Valley, which i read was similar to Mare of Easttown. But after the stuffed potato, I kind of fell asleep halfway through. I will have to start over this weekend.

Most Active
Recent Topics