What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/13/24 1:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ahh this picture is way too accurate. Being out and about in a very fashionable part of the city is making me realize just how yucky and out of shape I am. I have to look nice this morning for my first meeting with the college president and I just hate how I look in all my clothes. I know I seem to fall in and out of motivation, but I think that 4 years of barely needing to leave the house made it too easy to stop trying. Well, I am back out in the world and I want to look cute again, dammit! I'm motivated.

I am taking an earlier train in so that I can spend a little extra time prepping for my meeting, but other than that, nothing interesting or exciting today.

QOTD: Will you be sad if TikTok gets banned? I love TikTok way more than I should and I will be crushed if it's no longer allowed in the US. I've never posted, and I don'****ch it every day, but when I really just want to zone out for a guaranteed hour of happiness, I scroll through my FYP and I get happy toddlers, silly pets, amazing cookie decorators, and funny stories. I don't think I have ever seen anything sad and barely anything irrelevant. I don't know how or why it is so superior to IG reels, but it just is.

Accountability: 100% again (see above -- motivated!)

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken with avocado
  • balanced break
  • veggie burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/13/24 2:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

Yesterday was way way more stressful than I could've imagined it'd be. Just stuff with that neighbor. It included a visit with two cops. Yay.

Today we're going to try and get out of the house. We were going to go to a state park about an hour and a half away but they raised the fire weather watch to a warning and put us under a red flag warning too. So it's best to stay closer to home. I'm really exhausted, more so than any recent time I can remember. Yesterday's stressful time did me in. I'm trying to fake it till I make it but it's hard. I'm not giving in or up but it's just hard right now.

I need to chainmaille today. I've been dragging my heels on it due to the pain in my shoulders and neck but I need to just do it. I am going to talk about it with my pain management NP(I don't know if I mentioned it but I have a new one I think, he's awesome). I see him next Wednesday.

QOTD: I have a TikTok account but haven't signed in in probably 4 years or more. I am not really against or for it. I think most people know what they are getting with it. The government trying to ban it in a way irks me. It's also a lot of people's way of making a living(which I don't totally get but it's not for me to get). It's just one of those things that have a pros and cons list a mile long each.

I stress ate last night and had an Apple fritter. So annoyed with myself,

M1: eggs, sausage, cheese, small avocado and 4 crackers. Coffee x2

M2: tortilla soup

M3: protein crisp bar

M4: tortilla soup

M5: probably a piece of cheese or something similar

Queen JB
on 3/13/24 4:38 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I would do terrible things for an apple fritter right now. Just saying you are not alone today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/13/24 3:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday! We are at the halfway point, yay us!

Our two day quarterly meeting starts today so a lot of meetings where all I do is listen in, good information but long days. A friend and I spontaneously decided we would meet for a long walk and dinner this afternoon but the storm is probably going to disrupt that, I'm hoping we can at least squeeze in dinner but it will depend on how fast it moves. I am in the 16 inches expected area but March snow is usually preceded by rain and is a wet heavy snow so I know my workouts tomorrow will be of the snow shoveling variety. Today's workout will just be some cardio, lol. It also depends if people start shutting things down this afternoon or wait until this evening/tomorrow.

qotd - not at all, I don't dislike it, just not a consumer. I see a few of them when people send them to me but since I don't have an account, even with that, since I'm not an account holder, I only am able to watch probably a third of those. Which is both irritating and fine with me; I don't need more time sucks.

menu today

coffee plus half and half

English muffin with cherry goat cheese

skyr

tom kha, veggie egg roll, chicken panang if we make it to thai; tbd if not.

Have a great mid-week everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 3/13/24 7:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Enjoy the snow. Hope it is the last of the season for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 3/13/24 4:37 am, edited 3/12/24 9:38 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

There's a new grilled cheese soup:

This is a lot like Michael Keaton feeding mayonnaise to Tuna in Night Shift. It seems to me that a nice grilled cheese (butter, bread, cheese, bread, butter) and a bowl of soup is just about perfect on a chilly day. Quick and yummy. I'm not a dipper, but I know some people are. But even for the dippers among you, isn't there a pretty wide gulf between a discrete dunking and throwing the thing into a food processor and pressing emulsify?

I was in bed last night and panicking that i was oversleeping. I wrestled myself out of a dream, woke up, and looked at my clock. It was 3:42. Sigh.

Today should be a good day. Working from home, Crossfit, Happy Hour tonight. My youngest has started to adapt to a more normal sleep schedule so we've been able to spend some time with him. My older son is supposed to come home Friday, but we are worried about the same storm that Jen warned about. And the forecasts seem to be getting worse, not better.

QOTD: The only social media I am on is OH and Linked In. But I wouldn't worry too much, QJB, I don't see a ban actually happening.

breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: burgers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I jus****ched an action movie from 2021, "The Protege." It co-starred Michael Keaton, and was very good. He did a bunch of action and fight scenes, and was pretty impressive. Especially when I checked, and saw that he was 70 when they were filming. Yikes.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 3/13/24 7:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Micheal Keaton is a proud hometown boy. Every movie he is in has some nugget of Pittsburgh in it. I know in Mr. Mom he wears his old softball shirt in a few scenes. It says St Malachy the catholic church he attended and I think he went to school there.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 3/13/24 5:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is me 100%. That was a rough time, hopefully nothing like that happens again but at least I'll know how to manage things better. Yesterday at the office, the last bit of work was completed and I'm so pleased. We just need to hang some things and add some personal touches here and there then we are all set. What a difference, not just functionally and aesthetically but in how my staff feels about their space and how people feel when they come in - night and day difference in the best way. Anyway, lots to do today to stay on top of things - that is the goal.

QOTD - In the last 6 months I've become addicted to TikTok. I go on everyday for a little bit, some times longer. I follow content that keeps me motivated and makes me laugh. Mostly food, health and science, but w/a sense of humor. I'm shocked at how much I've learned and how much it has helped me. I would be very sad if it were banned.

Accountability - 184.4 - better, but I'm ready to get the hell out of the 180's and to my first goal. Only I can do that.

b- coffee, cottage cheese, tomatoes, EBB

l - ham and cheese on keto toast w/let/tom/pickle

d - trying TJ's Shepherds pie tonight, decent macros - 170cal w/16gr protein. Sautéed mushrooms on the side.

S- beef jerky, navel orange

758/80

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

ladygodiva1228
on 3/13/24 5:21 am, edited 3/12/24 10:26 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Wednesday already. The week has been going pretty well. It looks like today and tomorrow are supposed to be sunny and in the low 60's we shall see. Saturday is supposed to be nice also, hoping to get some yard work done and get things ready for some planting in a month or so.

I had another huge win yesterday at work. I swear this place is always getting foods of some sort and yesterday they decided to get pizza. Now I love pizza and the place they get it has the perfect Greek style with the crunchy crust. I did not have one piece. Even when the hot cherry pepper/bacon one was calling me. I didn't give in.

Forgot QOTD: I could careless if TikTok is around personally think it should be banned across the world. I've seen some pretty horrible things on it and there is this one person who promotes cannabis for women who are pregnant and brags about it, but then complains when DCF drug tests them and wants to take the kids away. I am not against cannabis at all, but I do think there are cir****tances where it shouldn't be used. When you are growing a life inside of you doing drugs, drinking or smoking cigarettes is a no go in my book.

Accountability: Has been great. I've lost 8lbs since getting into the medical WL program and starting the Phentermine. I've also noticed I no longer pick at stuff when I'm meal prepping on the weekends.

B: coffee with raw milk

L: eggs with spinach, feta and soupy

D: salmon with asparagus

Ex: treadmill (at work)

So excited I got my Kimchi started.

Medicinal mushrooms for my husband are coming along finally.

The lazy life of a dog. Meisha has totally taken over the bed the goofball.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl