What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/26/24 2:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning!

I am sitting here sipping coffee and watching the footage of the Baltimore bridge collapse and I have chills. Remember how I said I've come to dislike driving? This is one of the reasons. ****shudder****

Not much going on here. I am going to try to get some baking done before and after work today. I offered to make the March Madness prize for my work colleagues, and I am also going to make cookies for Easter.

QOTD: Sheila shared a great BuzzFeed Article yesterday (here!)where people shared the best tips that have for making sure they exercise. What's yours? I read one in there that was similar to something that used to keep me active--I used to allow myself to watch tv if I was on the elliptical machine or treadmill. I watched a ton of really good shows on my iPad that way and it was great because if there was a cliffhanger that I couldn't resist, I would get another hour of exercise. I'd like to do a modified version of that going forward. I have a few shows (like Love is Blind or Top Chef) that I know Grim doesn't want to watch but I would like, so maybe that's a way to watch some of the shows I want to see and feel good about it.

Accountability: 100% on point until I came home and found leftovers that would have gone bad if I didn't devour them. So I did.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • Korean chicken dumplings
  • balanced break
  • chicken Caesar salad
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/26/24 3:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! That bridge collapse is so scary!

Not a whole lot happening today. We need to make a trip to Sam's then I have an appointment at 2. I am dreading the second one. It's with my psychiatric NP. I just don't like him much. He talks over you and rushes everything. He also wants to change things that aren't broken. Ugh.

I have to sit down and make a menu today. A lot of the bad food was thrown out yesterday. I do wish I could throw out the cookies my mom got but she would be mad. There is a lot of junk food left in the freezer. My mom buys Apple fritters, donuts, pastry stuff and freezes them. I've been really good about not having them. Going on three weeks of none of them. But I need to really plan **** out. Being up at least 18 hours a day also makes my mind crap out and it thinks it needs more fuel but we all know it doesn't.

Yesterday my right foot, on the heal, started hurting. I have yet another sore. Different spot. It heals rather quickly usually. I do take care of my feet but my right foot drags a little bit when I walk so it dries out I guess. At least faster than the left one. It is highly annoying.

QOTD: this is a hard one for me to answer. About all I can do is walk and sometimes that's hard(I'm looking at you yesterday). I do try to push myself for more movement. I do arm exercises when possible.

B: PP pancakes coffee x 2

S1: eggs, sausage crumbles, cheese and 4 crackers

L: chili with a tbs of sour cream

S2: ????

D: probably more chili

Lisa91941
on 3/26/24 6:57 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Mel, Vaseline on your feet and cotton socks and shoes. Never go barefoot. Really helps keep the heels from cracking and hurting.

Teenie
on 3/26/24 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Atractain moisture cream by Coloplast is the best diabetic foot cream ever made. You should never be without a shoe if you have diabetes, in the house you can get away with a slipper.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 3/26/24 8:29 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Those pony trail holders...holy moly. Talk about a blast from the past. I used to use them at the end of my braids (catholic school - long hair had to be braided). Some colors were more coveted than others, I think if you had a pink duo you were at the top of the popularity.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 3/26/24 9:12 am - Warren, OH

O'Keeffe's foot cream removes the calluses. It might take close to a month but you end up with super soft feet and heels.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 3/26/24 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Hope everyone's week is going along well!

QOTD - there are a lot of good ideas there and many that I've used over the years. Right now, some of things are " do 10 minutes and then I can quit if I'm not feeling it (and sometimes I do bail at the 10 minutes), have a variety of options (I just hit consecutive week 104 with my dribble up weights/boxing/strength ball program!) and I remind myself that I committed to at least 30 minutes exercise a day as part of my program. Also, it helps that with many family members that have just given up on physical activity, I honestly believe you do as much as you can, as long as you can, so you can do as much as you can, as long as you can. I also set goals for myself and use my fitness tracker as a guide to what I should be doing.

I think I am going to skip my book discussion group tonight, the book never came in at the library and it wasn't one I was willing to buy. Even the woman that picked it wasn't into it, she said she only selected it because her husband was reading it.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X2

English muffin with pb

ham and cheese slider

left over turkey and potatoes

I have a chocolate stuffed pistachio cookie that I was going have half of last night and then didn't, so I am thinking I will treat myself to that tonight.

Have a terrific tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 3/26/24 5:31 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Great suggestions about working out. Thank you. Chocolate stuffed pistachio cookie sounds delicious. I'm currently at the same place with my book club. None of my copies on hold came in and I don't care to buy this book. As an aside, I feel like I'm being pushed out of book club. The last two books were basically romance novels and not the quit lit that the book club was set up as. I'm the only one that objects. It may be that I am the only man amongst 10+ women.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 3/26/24 5:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My Bookclub is all women and we've never picked a romance, lol. I think most book clubs die but this one has been going about 16 years so it's had a good life, but I think I'm ready for it to end.

my favorite Bookclub ever was one I found on meetup when I moved to Arizona. We selected a theme for each month but people could read whatever they wanted related to that theme and then you came and talked about it. It was super dynamic and so interesting to see how people tied in their random selections to the theme...I admit I stretched the edges a few times, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/26/24 5:59 am - Amarillo, TX

We should set up a book club here! Have a meet up on either here in a post or on an app. One like you mention in a reply would be so much fun.

Most Active
Recent Topics