Melody P.’s Posts

Melody P.
on 5/3/24 5:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Good mornin y'all!

Not much happening today. Just a little running around and pick up two of the kids after school...we'll have them until 8 or so.

the crap with my mouth is ongoing. Pretty sure it's not thrush after all. My lips are on fire still, my taste is still off and my mouth is dry all the time. It has a metallic taste in my mouth no matter what I eat. Just so annoying!

QOTD: I am about a 3 or 4. My brother and mom is about a 15 lol. I am a disappointed to them in that area. I have seen the original 3, the first prequel and the first sequel. One episode of the mandalorian that I didn't want to watch. My mom has seen everything...as has my brother and multiple times. I'm glad though that they like it so much, while not my thing I'm glad it brings people joy but the gatekeepers are annoying.

food is still just boring. Eggs, mashed potatoes and maybe some soup.

meme, internet pic and one of mine.

Melody P.
on 5/2/24 7:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

My goodness! So glad you are ok!

Melody P.
on 5/2/24 3:35 am

Good mornin y'all.

I have an appointment with my peer support today but that's all that is set in stone. I'm not feeling well still. I've developed a reaction to the fluconazole...because of course I would lol. My taste is way way off and my stomach is very grumpy. I just feel so run down. I'm done taking the med so hopefully things will get better. My mouth feels like it is covered in a layer of think shortening. My blood sugar has been on the low side. Weird stuff.

I did get my denture adjusted and it's still pure torture to wear. There are bone fragments but they just have to work themselves out. They are very sore.

QOTD: I just use a local channels weather app. Oh and a radar one I think is called hi-def radar or something like that.

food is just blah crap.

Melody P.
on 5/1/24 5:32 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mornin y'all.

quick post for me as I have a dentist appointment this morning. Still feeling icky. My mouth is very sore with the thrush stuff. I also have a few bone fragments that need to be fished out this morning, I tried but will leave it to the dentist. I have to have my new upper adjusted too. I am not happy with the denture to be honest. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

QOTD: none here.

hopefully I'll be able to chew some food today!

Melody P.
on 5/1/24 1:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

So glad your EV has worked so well for you! It seems rare that any vehicle is great anymore for that long.

Melody P.
on 5/1/24 1:22 am

I've been seeing a lot of the dull posts too. So strange how FB and such do their algorithms. Makes absolutely no sense.

Melody P.
on 5/1/24 1:20 am

My Merlin live to be almost 22. I hope that you'll have him as long as possible!

Melody P.
on 4/30/24 9:38 am
Melody P.
on 4/30/24 9:37 am

Eek! Sorry you're dealing with that! I'm still dealing with amoxicillin affects so I feel for you. It's just a yuck feeling so I hope healing moves fast for you!

we have Allstate and get a small discount for bundling BUT we are sort of stuck. Texas is one of the highest priced insurance for property. Our house is lucky to be insured as it stands. The car is about 226 a month and the house is over 300 a month.

Melody P.
on 4/30/24 2:51 am

Good mornin y'all.

not a lot going on today. I am just not sleeping much at all. Worse than the usual. I'm really stressed out for so many different reasons. Ugh. I'll get through it like I always do. My mouth is not healing as fast as I'd hoped it would from the thrush. My lips are all swollen with a few little welts and I have severe dry mouth. Biotene is my friend! I've tried lanolin and all sorts of stuff on my lips. I hope I turn the corner today. See the dentist tomorrow and if it hasn't I will ask for liquid nystatin.

I don't think I mentioned that I found a really nice light box at the thrift store, brand new. It came with 9 backgrounds, is collapsible and plugs into a usb port. I'll include the first photo I took with it...just with my phone so I imagine my camera would be great with it.

QOTD: not into it at all. I have a friend who is really into it and is always saying mercury is in some phase and it's making so and so go crazy. I know I'm an Aquarius and a rooster but that's about as far as I go in knowledge of it. I say whatever floats yer boat!

eggs for breakfast, for lunch I might do some broth...dinner? Who knows. Hoping after tomorrow I can wear my bottom denture and eat some more solid food. I also need them to adjust the top one a wee bit.

p

Melody P.
on 4/29/24 3:37 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Good mornin y'all. Hoping you all had a great weekend.

I've been up for way to long. A combination of tummy problems and my mouth drying out. my mouth is better for the most part but I hope the fluconazole really kicks in today. Also hoping my stomach will get its damn act together. I just want to feel better dang it. I'm supposed to call if the med doesn't help by the time I run out of it, which is Friday.

No big plans that's I know of. I may work on some resin stuff. My mom is mad in general so I hope it's a lay low kind of day.

food is the regular mush.

Melody P.
on 4/29/24 1:12 am
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning, what?s your plan for the day?

I do the same with the news articles. I think of it like a train wreck..even though you know what's coming you can't help but look. It bowls me over to see how people can be soooooo stupid and uninformed for just about any subject out there.

Melody P.
on 4/28/24 1:37 am
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning, what?s your plan for the day?

THIS! LOL. I don't usually follow recipes to a T unless they are baking and it's my first time trying it. But every single cooking show seems to have this issue. All I really watch is PBS cooking shows though. ATK is pretty decent but a lot of recipes call for mail order supplies for me.

Good morning y'all.

Not a lot happening today. I am finally really starting to notice a difference after taking the flucanozole for two days. I am so glad it is too. I was about to take sand paper to my lips and tongue. Relieved doesn't begin to describe it. I still can't wear my bottom denture but I'm not even going to try until Wednesday when they do the soft liner. It's feeling so much better, pain wise. The thrush didn't seem to interfere with healing in that way so yay.

my niece made us watch Five Nights at Freddy's. So not my thing. She loves the music to it and they sing it at their DnD gatherings. Yesterday was fun though so no big complaints. They had tacos and burritos while I had about 1/3 of a cup of ramen noodles with the broth. I got some pho broth yesterday that I'm looking forward to today.

QOTD: what is your biggest internet pet peeve?

Mine has to be the keyboard warriors who act like tough **** on the internet but in real life don't back it up. Which describes half of my blood family. Guess you could call it two face-ness too. It annoys me so much. Unfortunately it's a lot what they're like in real life but it's annoying in the wild too. Reading news stories the replies are just horrendous.

food is eggs, broth, eggs, cheese and maybe something exciting like refried beans with some green chilies. Food has stopped burning the hell out of my mouth so I can actually taste good again. For two or three days I didn't eat anything but eggs and some broth. I ate some flan because my blood sugar was low and I gagged on that.

have a wonderful Sunday folks. Hoping your week is off to a good start!

Melody P.
on 4/27/24 12:45 am
Topic: RE: It?s the last Saturday of April, what?s your plans?

Good mornin menu friends!

My appointment went well yesterday and I've started fluconazole for the thrush. After only one day it's better. I had a tiny avocado for a snack with my pills and it didn't burn me alive, 2 days ago I tried a bite of smushed avocado and I might as well of been eating a habanero. So this makes me happy. On the way to healing. My stomach is still way off but this med should help too. I even tried some pulverized ham yesterday and that was a no go. I bet I will be able to tomorrow or late today. Wooot!

Today TWs watch the kids for 5 hours and I'm ok with it as I miss them. Randall is the sweetest kid , Riley is a stubborn mule and she comes by it honestly. She is just like my grandma that it's insane. Rachel is pretty chill and a nerd(I adore this about her as a fellow nerd). I love this kids and I don't think I could love em anymore than I do. They sure aren't perfect but who the hell is?

QOTD: For coffee and tea drinkers...or even flavored water...whatever floats your boat...what is your ideal cuppa?

I adore Frappuccinos but I haven't had one in 6+ years. I adore cold brew though. My favorite is plain coffee, usually medium roast, a little bit of the skinny salted caramel sauce that's zero calories, sugar free Italian style creamer and hopefully some whipped cream if I have it, during the winter I adore peppermint coffee, not peppermint bark..just peppermint. With mint whipped cream!

Food is just meh. Not a lot of exciting food when you can't chew lol

Melody P.
on 4/26/24 3:36 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Morning y'all. Those cookies are adorable QJB!

I have a busy day ahead. I need to finally apply at the clinic...being sick for a week is for the birds. Then I have an appointment at the same clinic with my PCP this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I have good ol' thrush in my mouth and throat. Classic symptoms. Hopefully I'll get some nystatin or anything to help. I am feeling a tiny bit better. I have had a lot of low blood sugars this week. Even with cutting back on insulin. It's weird. Had a 51 last night and man did it just about do me in. My tasters off so food isn't appealing, I had to drink a regular coke just to get it going up...I need to get some of those gel BS boosters at the pharmacy.

QOTD: my most favorite song right now is Gone(reimagined) by Atreyu. As for TV, we're watching the new season of Drain the Oceans on Disney +

food is mush, I may blend some ham.

A meme and a pic I took a few years back.

Melody P.
on 4/25/24 10:13 am

It's so hard and you're putting in the work! Congratulations! Here is to many more to come!

Melody P.
on 4/25/24 4:09 am

Good mornin y'all.

I'm hoping to stay home today because I still feel like rubbish. Tomorrow I'm seeing my PCP and I wi**** was today. I don't know if it's the amoxicillin or what but I'm still having diarrhea, extremely sore throat when I swallow and my mouths surface is on fire any time I eat most anything. My mom, who turns into a baby with a cold, has been rather nasty mooded.

QOTD: it's been a long time for me. Green Day.

B: half a banana

the rest is very much up in the air. Could even finish up a half of a banana.

Melody P.
on 4/24/24 2:34 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mornin y'all.

I'm feeling better today but have a really sore throat. My stomach is clearing up. I did go back to the dentist yesterday and there isn't an infection! Yay! They classified my extractions as aggressive and she thought that's why I'm having a hard time. I'm not supposed to wear the denture for another week to let it heal. So if I get out it's face mask time. My lips are swollen and sore, they just seem to not be healing up like I'd hope.

we'll likely go to Wally World today. We really need groceries. I miss solid proteins or should I say I miss chewing lol.

QOTD: I'd have to go with 12 inches. At least there would be clothing options!

meals are mushy stuff. Oatmeal for breakfast. I lost about 12 pounds in three days so that's one positive about being sick,

Melody P.
on 4/24/24 1:25 am

Thank you!

A lot of people don't think I handle things well but I think...given all I have to deal with I do pretty well, not perfect of course. When I write stuff down it's my way of letting it go. I agree with you wholeheartedly. We can only control our own reactions.

Melody P.
on 4/24/24 1:21 am

It was so wonky for me yesterday I gave up trying to reply to posts!

Melody P.
on 4/23/24 3:40 am

Mornin y'all.

I'm feeling really rather ill. Really really not good. Nothing is staying in my system for longer than 40 minutes...even water. We're going to call the dentist as it looks like there "might" be a puss pocket in the front part of my mouth. I think it's the amoxicillin doing this to my stomach. I can't take a pain pill. Around 2 I dry heaved for like 20 minutes. I might call my pcp if this doesn't stop. I feel utterly awful. Also having some pretty bad acid reflux. I've take. Probiotics like suggest by the pharmacist but this has kicked my ass.

QOTD: I've never been much of a shopper. I guess if I had to pick it'd be hot topic They carried a lot of band merchandise.

unless there is a dramatic improvement it'll be nothing to eat today.

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 5:19 am

Thanks! I'm at the annoyed stage more than anything I guess. It makes me whiney and salty lol!

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 5:14 am

I agree on FaceTime, wholeheartedly.

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 5:13 am

Those pics are so great! Thanks for sharing with us, it looks like such a fun time!

Melody P.
on 4/22/24 3:02 am

Mornin y'all. Hopefully OH won't eat this post. It keeps saying that the server has timed out. I honestly don't think they have anyone to check on this place. It at least seems that way! QJB, yay for control of the GERD! That's so good to hear.

The only thing planned for the day is going and reapplying at the clinic I go to. I am so flipping miserable with my mouth. It just has got me down so much. I can't smile or form certain words without immense pain. The denture on the bottom hurts like hell to wear. It combined with my back has totally got me down. I'm exhausted, I'd bawl I'd I could.

QOTD: I guess texts. Though it really depends on who it is. Most of the time I avoid talking on the phone as I hate my voice.

B: oatmeal

S: egg

L: potato soup

S: egg

D: puréed chicken or ham

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 330 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views