Band to bi-pass

paramedic
on 3/31/15 9:49 am - Coldbrook, Canada

Hello to you all. I am usually writing on the lapland side. I am stressed. I was first banded in 2005 lost 100 lbs. 2007 band slipped downward +++ damage to stomach. Gained 85-90 pounds eating only liquids.  2008 rebanded. Since then I have lost about 50 + or -. I have reflux can't find my sweet spot. I will loose 10 and gain 5 the yo yo ing is getting very frustrating. I am thinking about having bi-pass surgery in Mexico. Looking for the good bad and the ugly, really looking for advice. I was thinking about plastic surgery but I am afraid it would be for the wrong reason. I want it for the right reason I have lost the wt I need to loose. Thank you all in advance. Laurie

MsBatt
on 4/1/15 9:48 am

Have you also researched the VSG/Sleeve and the DS/duodenal switch? Both of those procedures leave you with a fully-functional stomach, just smaller. I'd really think long and hard before I went with the RNY/gastric bypass. If you spend much time reading on this board, you'll see a lot of folks looking to revise their RNY because their stoma has stretched/they've regained, etc. 

Just make sure that you choose the best procedure for YOU.

Chilipepper
on 4/1/15 11:02 am

Research the 3 remaining surgeries. All have positives and negatives. Go to the respective boards and talk to the people. That would be the best road to follow. You need to find what will work for you post op 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Recent Topics