I converted from a Band to a Sleeve 2 days ago. I AM EXCITED!!!

ordersteps
on 4/22/15 12:41 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Hello Everyone, I DID IT. Sleeve Sista now.  I got my sleeve on Monday and still going thru mild pain and gas. My surgeon said he did a lot to convert the sleeve as there was scar tissue.  Has anyone did a revision all in 1 surgery and what has been your weight lost pattern?  Any concerns?  Anything to look out for?  Please share your thoughts, much needed. 

mornings
on 4/22/15 1:48 pm - Canada

congrats your well on your way to a healthy you  hope you keep everyone posted on you your making out

ordersteps
on 4/23/15 5:30 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you Mornings, I am feeling better as the day goes by.  Still vey gassy and that hurts, but fluids is my main focus now.

gingerly1983
on 4/23/15 3:50 am - FL
VSG on 05/20/15

Congrats on getting sleeved! I had to have my band out in December due to a crazy abdominal infection. :/ I have the sleeve scheduled in 3 months. Keep us updated on how you're doing!

ordersteps
on 4/23/15 5:29 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Hello Gingerly1983,

Thank you for your response,  I am on day 4th  of my surgery and the weight is dropping.  I have not weighted myself and have no interest to.  I am not interested in watching a scale, I am more interested in bringing my health back to being normal again.  I still have pain because I had 2 surgeries in 1 and so my body is trying to heal.  I will continue to update as I go.

Susan C.
on 4/24/15 1:47 pm

Good for you!  My conversion will be on May 5th.  I will look forward to your updates and progress.  

Susan

ordersteps
on 4/25/15 3:52 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Hello Susan,

I must say that is was quit the level of pain.  2 surgeries in one are for sure a dowsie. Day 5 and much of the pain is gone.  It is the GAS that s doing a number on me.  Make sure you get the gas-X that sure should help.  Keep yourself hydrated and make sure you are taking a bowel softener cause your going to need it.  Other than that....my face is melting.  I do not weight myself as that is not my focal point, I need to get healthy.    I will keep you posted on how things go.  I sent you a friend request. 

Hislady
on 4/25/15 12:37 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think you will be very pleased with the sleeve most folks are! You might want to post on the VSG forum you will probably get more answers .There are alot of band to sleeve revisions over there.

ordersteps
on 4/25/15 3:48 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you Hislady, I do not know where that forum is....I am new here.  Can you send the link if there is one.  Headed to ER, the constipation is unbearable and this burning in my neck, arms and back....other than that I am healing quit well.  I think it is GAS.

Thank you

Hislady
on 4/27/15 8:09 am - Vancouver, WA

I don't know how to link but if you go to the top of the page where the blue bar is, it says forums, click that and in the second column you will see vertical sleeve, click that and there you are!

Most Active
Recent Topics