Revision this Wednesday

cuppyb
on 5/17/15 8:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

Going in for my revision on Wednesday morning.  Had RNY in 2008, gained back about 50 lbs and have been having trouble getting food down, intestinal spasms, and constant dumping syndrome.   Hoping the revision clears up the issues and the weight starts coming off again

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

mornings
on 5/17/15 10:13 pm - Canada

wishing you a speedy recovery  my surgery is not till may26th  im counting the days

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/15 10:30 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Good luck! I'm just curious, what type of revision are you having that can help with dumping syndrome?

cuppyb
on 5/19/15 1:16 am - Fort Worth, TX

Not sure if it will get rid of dumping but right now everything gives me dumping.   Hoping that goes away

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

tiny1
on 6/10/15 11:38 am - Clarksville, TN

This may be a dumb question, but what are intestinal spasms? I am too trying to get a revision, been working on it for over 6 months. What insurance do you have? Is insurance covering your revision?

cuppyb
on 7/25/15 9:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I have Aetna Open Select and they covered everything.   The spasms are  like severe Charlie horses in my intestines.  

Lizzie_Bennet
on 7/26/15 8:57 am

I am revising from sleeve to RnY on Wednesday due to severe GERD issues. I never met goal with the sleeve and have gained back 40 of the 70 I lost. The doc says I won't lose very much, but the acid "should" go away. I sure hope so! It's eroding my esophagus.

What kind of revision are you having?

Most Active
Recent Topics