Insurance ....3 month supervision again??

Softballgal73
on 7/25/16 4:01 pm

There is something wrong with my sleeve. I have had acid reflux for way too long! Like 4 years too long...and I am fed up with living like this. The Upper GI showed that there is something wrong at the bottom of my sleeve. It is not emptying out correctly, thus the barium hit the bottom of sleeve then went straight back up my esophogus. I have scope scheduled Aug 9th to give my Dr. Info about what is going on. Aetna is saying I have to do a 3 month supervised program like I did before my initial surgery. I think that seems ridiculous! They say it is revisional surgery regardless...have you ever heard of such? My policy is so unclear on it. 

summerset
on 7/27/16 9:03 am

Insurance companies are weird.

However, every insurance company seems to have different policies. I'd wait until the gastroscopy to know what's really going on. Maybe then you won't have to do any supervised program. People want to have revision for different reasons. One reason is insufficient weight loss or regain of weight. I can understand that insurance wants to see that you have done a three months long supervised program.

However, when there is severe reflux (not uncommon with the sleeve) or a problem with the stomach emptying it's just ridiculous. No supervised program will help that problem.

Softballgal73
on 7/29/16 8:59 am

Thank you for your understanding. My thoughts exactly. 

stacyrg
on 7/27/16 12:46 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I have Aetna and did not have to do a 3 month supervised program prior to my revision and I revised because of GERD.

Softballgal73
on 7/29/16 8:58 am

I have Aetna POS II, do you have a policy similar? Thanks. 

stacyrg
on 7/29/16 9:13 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure which policy I have.  I know it's an Aetna PPO policy

Softballgal73
on 7/29/16 10:08 am

Ok. Thanks:-)

Most Active
Recent Topics