lap band over rny

donnaking
on 8/22/16 6:34 pm

I had open RNY in 2003 and need a revision . Would like lap band over RNy. I can't find a Dr in the Atlanta area that will do it because it was an open surgery as opposed to laparoscopic. Does anyone know of a surgeon ? At tbis point will to Drive. I have BCBS as primary and Medicare as secondary so am well insured 

Ladytazz
on 8/23/16 11:43 pm

You can't find a surgeon to do it because doctors have learned that the lap band is not a good surgery. 

I have yet to meet a person who has a lap band that is happy about it.  One person I used to work with threw up every day and could not eat any solid food.  

I would do more research and look for a good revision surgeon.  The best revision for you would be a DS but it is a difficult surgery to perform and very few surgeons are skilled enough to do it.

A few things I would avoid would be the lap band and a distal RNY, which is basically adding more malabsorption to your present RNY. 

I hope you are able to find a surgeon who can help you.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

bandgirl
on 8/24/16 5:40 am

My doc was in Birmingham Alabama, but I also had the band and my new Doctor in Florida is amazing and he has taken out so many bands many don't do bands anymore.  I made the mistake of getting the band.

donnaking
on 8/24/16 6:18 pm

So is there a doctor in the Atlanta area that will do a revision on an open RNY ? 

Danimadd73
on 8/25/16 12:56 pm

I am in the process of revising from a band to Gastric Bypass in the ATL area. I have started the process with Peachtree Surgical  and Bariatrics (Dr. Duncan). They do Revisions but not sure on an open RNY. They may be able to help and there is info on their website for revisional surgery. Best of luck! 

donnaking
on 8/25/16 2:16 pm

I had my surgical records sent to Peachtree Bariatrics and made an appt a month later. I drove two hours to get there only to be told they don't do revisions over and open RNY. My surgical records clearly state VERY UNHAPPY WITH THEM 

Most Active
Recent Topics