Revision in 8 days

MsShawna
on 4/26/17 3:23 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi unagordita thank you so much. I know you are nervous so am I but I have faith that we both will be just fine. I will be praying that everything goes well for you Friday and please let me know the update.

unagordita
on 4/27/17 8:27 am

I will, I'm very nervous. I have read the majority of acid reflux does go away. I wasn't impressed with the slower weight loss. I wonder if anyone out there has had good results with the weight loss?

MsShawna
on 4/27/17 11:32 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi unagordita I know you are nervous it's normal to be. But try to stay calm the nurse who did my pre-op testing. She told me if my nerves get the best of me on surgery day they could give me something to calm me. I don't know if you would be interested in that or if you're surgeon will allow it. But know that we here are pulling for you. And I will say a special prayer for you. Congratulations again you will do just fine.

unagordita
on 4/28/17 12:57 pm

Thank you, MsShawna

I just saw my surgeon who gave me a date of June 28th, he did stress that weight loss wouldn't be much which I'm concerned about, being that I've read it's slower than the first time. I hope I do loose some weiht I need to. I have acid reflux, and did mention it could cause stomach cancer. I asked him what would happen if I didn't have the surgery/

MsShawna
on 4/28/17 1:44 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi unagordita you are welcome and I really wish your surgeon was not negative. I believe you can lose the weight you are seeking to lose. As long as your discipline. Furthermore I am glad you have a date. So congratulations you can do this. I am rooting for you and I know you will prove your surgeon wrong.

bruindiva92
on 4/24/17 8:45 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

First, MsShawna, congratulations on your revision! You will feel tons better when the GERD is gone!

I had a revision from VSG to RNY on 3/29/17 due to bile reflux and a hiatal hernia. Honestly, even though I was nervous, I felt better prepared.

I knew what to buy for both the clear liquid and full liquid stages so I didn't waste money trying different things. I habitually track my food so that was easy. So far, what I ate the first time during VSG is still edible the second time around with RNY.

Again, I over packed my hospital bag (should have known I would not need PJ's and house shoes) but remembered the lip moisturizer and my granny panties!

The only downside for me is I felt this surgery was a bit more painful which may not hold true for you. It took me a few more days this time to get up and about. I did walk 3-4 time daily once I got home. Now, at 3.5 weeks out, I am doing 10,000+ steps daily.

Don't worry too much and make sure you have what you need at home before your hospital stay. You got this!

MsShawna
on 4/26/17 3:30 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi bruindiva92 thank you so much. I think I have over packed my suitcase. I am so glad you are feeling better I am looking forward to feeling better as well. Thank you for the advice I really needed it. Please keep me updated on your journey.

unagordita
on 4/28/17 12:58 pm

How is the weight loss going with the revision bruindiva92?

bruindiva92
on 4/28/17 4:25 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Unagordita,

Slow but steady. The infamous "3 week stall" had me at 186 lbs for 10-11 days. Today, I dropped to 185. I am not complaining because I know it will be slower the second time around.

How are you?

unagordita
on 4/30/17 7:21 pm

I have a surgery date of June 28, my surgeon stressed that I wouldn't be loosing any weight and if I did I would regain it all in 3 years. I don't know if he's trying to get me into not having the surgery? but he was rather pessimistic. I asked him if I didn't have the revision due to the acid reflux damage to my esophagus what would be the outcome, and he said I would develop stomach cancer. So it's not a choice for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics