Rny to DS SURGERY done yesterday

shineg2g
on 12/31/17 4:03 am

i must say i was super excited to get my surgery date. The. Being told fo fast was not so exciting around the holidays. So surgery went well i hear. But when I woke up, i was in so much pain, it was as if i wwedygoing into labor. Now i have. High tolerance for pain, but this was different. I dont recall feeling anything after my rny. So the journey begins. I wll keep everyone updated with my progdessy. Just an fyi, i lost 12 pounds fasting. I was the hungriest, meanest, crankiest and upsetting person to be around. Kinda isolated myself so i wouldn't snap and be on the 5 o'clock news.

Laura in Texas
on 12/31/17 8:49 am

Two years ago you posted that you were getting the distal bypass. So is this a second revision?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

shineg2g
on 1/1/18 7:11 am

No i was approved for the overstitch. I didnt want it because of the reviews and unsuccess of it. Then the dr also wanted 2000 more dollArs over what the insurance approved for that i difnt want to pay. Which i didn't understand. At the time i was told by the dr thT insurance wasn't approving the Ds. So i waited until it was approved to proceed.

tmurtagh
on 2/7/18 7:05 am

I am excited to hear how you are doing. I am getting ready for the revision from RNY to DS. My RNY was 13 years ago.

Angiebaby73
on 3/11/18 12:29 am

I want the same revision. My rny was about 13 years ago too. When is your surgery? Are doing it in Mexico? If u don' mind sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics