Anyone have a pain pump in belly after surgery plus info on my RNY from LB

WendyBubbles
on 4/13/06 2:25 am - Ft Mohave, AZ
My doctor said he will will put a pump in after surgery so that it acts like a numbing agent like a dentist uses and give me tylenol for pain after surgery. Anyone else have this and does it work? I am allergic to several narcotics so this is why he wants to do it this way. However, it leaves me a little nervous. Thanks much Wendy PS I am the first one he is leaving the lapband in and doing the RNY. I will have a little bigger pouch but once all is healed I will be able to get fills to the band if need be for further restriction. He said there are several doctors doing the band at the same time as the RNY so people hopefully won't have to be re-operated on for weight gain. He drew it all out and showed me how the band is attached. He also said that now many who had the RNY that have gained are geting the band put in over the RNY, I am just doing it reverse. So please keep me in your prayers, Tues is the big day and I am trying to get over an upper resp infection, doing much better today and know I will be fine by Tuesday. Thanks and God Bless Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 2:47 am - Plano, TX
I was put on a morphine pump. I loved it because I didn't have to call the nurse to bring me pain meds. I just pushed the little red button, and voila!
WendyBubbles
on 4/13/06 3:38 am - Ft Mohave, AZ
Thank you Becky, however, it is not a morphine pump it is not a narcotic. It is marcaine I think, a numbing agent that gives a continual flow of numbing agent over the belly wounds for several days. I will pull it out after I am home. You are suppose to be pretty pain free for days without the drug effects like narcotics give you, sleepy, nauseated or rashed. You can be up walking within hours and be pain free not like you had surgery at all. I am wondering if anyone had this and it they truly were pain free?
Most Active
Recent Topics