I'M APPROVED! I'M APPROVED! I'M APPROVED!

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/06 8:40 am - Plano, TX
I'm so excited! I'm finally approved by the insurance company to have my revision (from VBG to RNY). It took exactly four weeks! But my surgery date is June 12th. I'm so relieved. This whole process is so nerve wracking! This just has to work! I don't ever want to go through this again.
Tonia Loveslife
on 4/26/06 12:18 am - Port Neches, TX
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I have a revision date set for May 11th. I'm very nervous. I'm going from lap band to rny. Hope all goes well! Take Care, T
LisaE
on 5/11/06 5:09 am - Nazareth, PA
Becky...I am so happy for you...I need to know, did your insurance company give you any trouble? Mine is being HORRIBLE!!! They cover WLS and the COVER revisions. But they are denying me because they said there is nothing "technically" wrong with my VBG and that I "haven't tried hard enough". I had my VBG back in 1985. The surgery was so new at that time and since then has been proven that the weight re-gain is at least 90%. There were no support groups, diets to follow, NOTHING! Well I've been thru the wringer and there is nothing "technically" wrong with me so now I'm just taking them to court because I'm heavier than ever and my quality of life is down the tubes. I have a different insurance than you, but it might be helpful to know what you may have had to go thru to get it approved. Thanks for your time and again, GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm so jealous (but happy for you)!!! Lisa E Nazareth, PA
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/06 8:31 am - Plano, TX
I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're going though. I would think that if you're not losing weight and have the medical problems, then they should approve it right off the bat! But some insurance companies can be stubborn. I am very happy to say that I had absolutely no trouble at all with United Health Care. I've heard nothing but good about them. It took four weeks to get the news. I was getting frustrated, but sometimes it just takes a while. They never denied me at all. I don't know if it's because my doctor writes one heck of a letter or what! I did do a lot of praying, though. But I do know what you are going through. When I first started the whole WLS process in 2002, I had Cigna HMO. They flat denied me. I appealed all the way to the State Board of Insurance. Finally my husband changed jobs, and we got Beechstreet PPO. They approved me right away. This time we have United Healthcare. They generally approve it if your BMI is in the danger zone (mine is 53), unless there is a written exclusion policy. Smaller companies tend to put that exclusion policy in there to lower their premiums. I am so grateful to be having this done. I'm a bit nervous, but I know everything will be okay. I have a strong faith in God, and I know that he's looking out for me. I will say a prayer for you too!
Most Active
Recent Topics