A Little Aprehensive About my Revision

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/06 2:55 am - Plano, TX
My revision to the RNY is scheduled for June 22nd. I guess I'm getting a little aprehensive about it, because while reading the posts, and talking to other RNY'ers, I've noticed one pattern that concerns me. It seems that a lot of people have lost a lot of weight (100-200 lbs), but they don't ever seem to keep it off. This is my final straw. If I gain this back, I am doomed to be fat forever. I don't want to have to contually go back over and over again for a revision. I can't keep putting my family or myself through all of that. I want to be able to lose it and never gain it back. I am aware that this is just a tool. I am aware that this is not a cure-all for obesity, and it will take effort on my part. But I guess what I need to know is what are some of the things that have caused a person to regain the weight, and what can I do different? Does anybody have an pointers on things I can do from the get-go that will help prevent me from stretching my pouch and stoma BEFORE it's too late? I don't want to go through this again! So I'm asking for suggestions on how to prevent myself from stretching things back and regaining the weight. Mainly I'm looking for how you handled . . . going out to eat. big gatherings and buffets. Holidays eating on the run One of the main things I have ALWAYS struggled with (and still do) is wasting food. It's engrained into me from childhood to eat everything on my plate. There's starving children somewhere and I should be appreciative of what I've got. Or God provided me with that meal, how could I dump most of it in the trash? I REALLY struggle with this. HELP!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics