Has anyone else been...

Susanne W.
on 10/2/06 8:20 pm - Greenville, SC
Hi Barbara I am definitely going to find another doctor and see whats going on. I do need to make time for myself and get checked out. Though the squeezing feeling in my chest, tingly feeling, and faintness are symptoms of a heart attack, I've had EKGs run each time and they said it wasn't my heart, so I'm not too worried about that. (Probably need to have an arteriogram run just to definitely make sure). And I know it's not the foods I eat either. I'm thinking maybe more along the lines of exhaustion that may be causing it. I don't make time for myself to rest really. Leaving the house at 6:30 in the am and not seeing home again until 730 sometimes almost 9 pm (2 times a week) every nite. Then when I do get a chance to sit down, either I can't sit still or then someone calls wanting to go somewhere. I admit I over did it this past weekend... working all day and going downtown Friday nite, Walk from Obesity and shopping on Saturday, plus trying to find a house...the list can go on forever. You've got the "tough cookie" part right...trying to cram 25 hours into a 24 hour day. I drive as little as possible, especially by myself. The only time I am by myself is driving to school and then home from work, having a rider from school to work. If anywhere else, my sister drives or my daughter is with me (she's 12 but my b-i-l is teaching her to drive). I-385 hates me in the mornings..I drive "granny on sunday" style staying to the outside lane in case I do start getting sick. As for the climbing the ladder...that won't never happen..I'm afraid of heights..lol. But thanks for writing. I hope you are feeling better and I will definitely get checked out asap. Susanne :love:
barbara_m
on 10/3/06 2:32 am - moncks corner, sc
Suzanne, please put yourself FIRST on your list and let the rest fall to the side for now. You sound like we were separated at birth. Poor you! LOL I could never sit still. I thought I could handle it all. My doctor got my attention right away when he asked me what I thought might happen if I passed out while driving with my son in the car on I-26, like I usually do. He told me that if you have an accident, with a history of passing out, that you can go to prison. More importantly, I thought it was exhaustion and had no heart problems. You cannot control when and where you pass out and you cannot stop it. Denial is a river in Egypt. STOP EVERYTHING that is not absolutely necessary and get yourself to the doctor. Do not pass go and do not collect $200, or I will get somebody to drive me to find you and tie you down until you do it. With love and good intentions, B
LADY D *
on 10/3/06 3:19 am - SUMMERVILLE, SC
Hey Ms Susanne ... I just remembered that Ms Britty (Brittain) had fainting spells & she was low on a certain nutrient that is common amoung post-gastric bypass patients ... Sorry, I can't remember what it is but drop an e-mail to her & she'll be glad to tell you. You can find out if you're low by a simple blood test. When I had my post op labs, I asked them to specifically test for that item because I had such problems with extreme exhaustion & muscle weakness but my levels were fine. She started taking a daily supplement & is now doing great. God bless you ... Dawn & Nick
cordellj10
on 4/15/16 7:08 pm

I know it has been a very long time, but what did they find out was making you have fainting spells !

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 307 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3046 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3954 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4292 views