Lets get going!

fatmom
on 2/14/09 7:05 am - Regina, Canada
I am sceduled to have my Lap Band suregery in just over a week.  Pretty excited>>but i'm so hungry!  The pre op diet is an uphill climb for me as i'm so hungry! 
I live in Regina but am forking out the $$$ to have my procedure done in Ontatio. 
Looking to others to see if there is a group in Regina who can help guide me thur this new phase of mylife. 
Lookign for a bit of local support!  Would love to hear from others who have had Lap Band Surgery and what i can expect!  thanks 

wannabhealthy45
on 2/15/09 10:46 am - Canada
Hi :)

I'm in the Regina area too.  I had lapband surgery done this past July in Mexico.  There actually is a support group and they have monthly meetings.  It is a meeting for pre-op, post-op and no-op.  A great group and you might be interested in going to the meetings.  The next one is on Feb 21st and if you'd like more info I can let you know where and when.  Check out their site if you'd like. 
http://www.sbssg.ca/.

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

fatmom
on 2/16/09 1:42 am - Regina, Canada
Yes i'd love to attend the session on the 21st.  I am having my surgery on the 24th.  thanks
fatmom
on 2/16/09 1:48 am - Regina, Canada
Didn't really consider it.  I just knew of a few clinics in Ontario, gave the doctors names to my family physician and she recommend the clinic I am going to.  Plus I got in with only a 3 week wait time which was a huge factor for me as i only had a short window of time that I could be away from work. 
I travel to Missisauga 4 times a year on business so if i need to see them for fills, or whatever it was easier than Winnipeg.  
 SWLC is supposed to be  great clinic to have Lap Band surgery done. 
I am interested to know if I can have some compensation from the gov't for the cost as it is an approved  registered procedure here in Sask. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/09 1:02 pm - Canada
Hi there, curious about who is doing your lapbd. Any particular reasons you chose Ontario over winnipeg, mb?
wannabhealthy45
on 2/15/09 10:58 pm - Canada
Oh, by the way, the support group I mentioned above is not affiliated with the place I went in Mexico for my surgery, it is a group here in Regina.  I should have been more clear...sorry :)

wannabhealthy45
on 2/16/09 3:06 am - Canada
I will get the time and location for the support group meeting and post it for you.  I don't think it is on the SBSSG website yet,...so just in case :)

wannabhealthy45
on 2/16/09 12:16 pm - Canada
The topic this coming meeting is sleep apnea, but there is usually a discussion period as well to meet some folks.

Here is the info:

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009
Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Street: 1213 - 15th Avenue
City/Town: Regina, SK

frogger275
on 2/17/09 12:18 am - Annaheim, Canada
Hi! (not sure if your name is appropriate) (I like needtobeslimmom instead) LOL

I too had my LapBand in Mexico - I had mine in November of 2007 and have lost 100 lbs so far.
Why would you need to go to Winnipeg for fills?  There is an awsome person in Saskatoon that does mine and she has very reasonable prices.  I have had five fills from her so far and she is great!  If you would like more information, just let me know.  Good luck with your surgery - I found that if I was hungry doing the pre-op diet - I wasn't eating enough protein - keep eating - don't starve yourself or you will never get through it.  You will do great!!  Keep the faith and just keep thinking that this is a tool that will help you to become a healthier happier person!!!   I know it saved my life and I'm not done yet.  Let me know if you need any more information.  Take care!!
Elaine
fatmom
on 3/1/09 12:36 pm - Regina, Canada
I have just had my surgery but do wish to know who in Regina does the fills.  My family dr has been less than helpful 
Most Active