Just a Quick Note From Joel...

Joel Sopp
on 6/21/09 9:02 am - Redvers, Canada
Hello all,

Just a quick note to let you all know I am heading to the OR Table tomorrow for a Roux-en-Y with Dr. Gordie Kaban. I will be at the Regina General Hospital at 9:30 am with my beautiful wife and my procedure starts @ 12:00 Noon. From start to fini**** will be 4 hours long, so by 4:00 pm tomorrow, I'll be on the "other side".

If you would like to come and visit me (For those in Regina), please wait until Tuesday Afternoon to visit me. I will be on the 6th Floor in Ward 6A. No idea of the room yet.

Thank you for the support over the time we've chatted, and I trust you will all continue to do well on your own personal Weight Loss Journey.
petite_jolie
on 7/4/09 9:58 am - Canada
I would love to know how the surgery went. I just read your post. I hope it was an uneventful surgery and that you are recouping well.

Joel Sopp
on 7/4/09 4:01 pm - Redvers, Canada
Well, petite_jolie, let's put it this way... it has been anything but boring...lol As I mentioned on June 22nd, I came to the Regina General Hospital for a routine weight loss surgery called the Laproscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass... It's July 4th, and I haven't left yet. The 1st Surgery went by with some issues (It was discovered that I was internally bleeding, and as a result, my renal system or my kidneys were shutting down.) The 2nd surgery was short and sweet, and the correction was made for the internal bleed. As a result of my kidney or renal failure however, my Creatine Protiens started to poison me. I was told I was going to start Dialysyis to correct the imbalance. Man, was I in for a surprise. Dialysis sucks! Sitting there for up to 4 hours non-stop blood recycling... ugh... I have had over 20 hours booked this week in the Dialysyis, and the great news is that it could be my last treatment. I woke up @ 4 AM today with the most severe abdominal pain and acttually crying out in pain for the 1st time in my life. I seriously thought I was dying for sure. But... Here's Joel... You can't keep a good man down! lol As for where I am located, as there is a sicker gentleman who needed the nurse's attention much more than me. I am on the mend, and look forward to getting back into my life, once I am discharhed. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers; they are greatly received.
PlantLover
on 7/5/09 10:23 am

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Wow, you know you don't have to have difficulties just to be different!
I hope you get everything cleared up quickly.

Ivy
petite_jolie
on 7/7/09 11:32 pm - Canada
How awful! I'm sorry to hear about all your problems with your health. I love your positive attitude. Things will improve just keep keeping your head up. We are all thinking about you. Get better soon!

Joel Sopp
on 7/8/09 10:22 am - Redvers, Canada
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your cards, notes, and calls. With the time and rest I have been taking to gain my strength and with all of your healing thoughts and prayers, we are winning the Dialysyis Battle! I haven't needed Dialysyis since Saturday, and from all sources, it seems my kidneys decided to finish their 2 week long vacation and they are now back to work! I got the Green Light to go home from the Surgeon, just waiting for Nephrology (The Kidney Dr.) to clear me. Here's hoping I'm home by Friday. Thank You again.
Joel Sopp
on 7/9/09 5:34 am - Redvers, Canada
To quote Ozzy Osbourne, of all people... "Mama, I'm comin' home!" The nephrologist (Kidney Doctor) was strongly encouraged by myself and his peers to send me home today :wink: , and the surgeon simply needs to sign my discharge orders. I might be home in time to pick up my boys from day care, and surprise them. I miss them so much. My Family and I can't thank you enough for your prayers and healing thoughts through this whole 17 day ordeal. It's kept my spirits up to know you are all thinking of me. I need to stop crying now, so I don't wreck my BlackBerry, but again, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You...
PlantLover
on 7/9/09 7:27 am

Yay! That's excellent news!  :)
petite_jolie
on 7/9/09 1:34 pm - Canada
So happy to hear you're doing better! You were on my mind. Now get home and hug your family!

petite_jolie
on 7/25/09 9:36 am - Canada
Just wondering how you are doing. Let me know.

Most Active