Parkwest Medical center---Payments?

shellemac
on 8/10/11 5:56 am
I will be having my VGS with Dr. Boyce at Parkwest.  I know I will find this out soon enough, but was curious, did you have to pay anything to the hospital before surgery?  I have to come up with a good chunk to Dr. Boyce, so I was wondering if I'm going to need to budget for more money before hand?

Thanks!
Angie H.
on 8/10/11 11:44 am - TN
I haven't had my surgery yet, but I have been told that you will be asked to pay both the hospital and the doctor before surgery. I don't think you have to pay the full amount that your insurance doesn't pay, but you might. I am planning for the complete amount, just in case! Good luck!

TNgal_Knoxville
on 8/11/11 12:58 am - Knoxville, TN

I am not sure about Parkwest but at UT Weightloss there is a fee of $570 due when I attend my Pre OP Seminar.

May the wind always be at your back and the shinning sun be on your face.
Connie

KittenLove
on 8/11/11 2:14 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I think it depends on your insurance coverage. I have Cigna and still had to pay the $3000 but I believe I just paid a copay to Parkwest - maybe $75? I can't remember I am so sorry!

Congrats to you : )

Be happy. 

southernlady5464
on 8/16/11 7:01 pm
Generic User_Name
on 8/23/11 7:00 am
 Agree with the others.  It depends on what your insurance does or does not cover.  I have used Covenant Health System entities in the past and they have not had any problem with setting up payment plans.

shellemac
on 8/23/11 7:06 am
Thanks for all the replies.

I guess I was not completly clear.  I know I will have a copay and several hundred in co-insurance to pay.  I was just wondering if they require all that money up front (their estimate) or do they go ahead and file the insurance and bill you for your portion?

Thanks again everyone!

Generic User_Name
on 8/23/11 11:59 pm
 They billed my insurance and sent me a statement for my portion.  I then called the business office and set up a payment arrangement.

mleena
on 8/31/11 2:04 pm
 I just had my surgery with Dr. Boyce 8/22.  I was mailed a bill for my portion that insurance was not going to pay due on my last Pre-surgery appt for both Dr. Boycxe and the hospital.  The amount would be based on your insurance plan.  
HW:  329  Pre-Op: 310  SW:  282  (8/22/11)  CW:  258

Most Active
Recent Topics