TN DS'ers

jeninky1
on 8/18/11 6:59 am - Berea, KY
Okay I know this has been said a 1,000 times but want to ask again.
Anyone had DS at Knoxville and/or Nashville or went to both Seminars??

I went to Knoxville's and I seem to really like them but hear that once you have the
surgery you never see the doctor again?

Yes I a revision from RYN to DS

Any help and tips would be great! I have been reading and I know it is a serious
surgery. My RYN was serious surgery as well. So is this far worse than that surgery?

I would really bounce questions off someone that has had DS and/or revision.

thanks for your input and for taking the time to read this.

Knowledge is POWER!

mini hugs
JenniferKy
k9ophile
on 8/18/11 11:15 pm
The DS is a complicated surgery; a revision from RNY to DS is even more so.  To the best of my knowledge, Dr. Houston will not re-do the RNY pouch to the DS stomach.  He will arrange the intestines to be more like the DS intestines.  This may or may not be what you are seeking.  If you go to the DS board you can find out who are the best revision surgeons.  Knowledge is power and proceed with caution.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

KellyJTn
on 8/23/11 5:39 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I had the DS a year ago with Dr. Boyce in Knoxville. I'm not a revision and do not know if he does revisions. I did attend the Knoxville seminar. I can also tell you that the times I've been to the office for visits I haven't seen him any. Well, with the exception of a month out when I had complications. I saw him quite a bit then. Since I've been 'ok' though, I haven't seen him one bit. There's really no need to though. I have my bloodwork drawn every 3 mths and speak to the nutritionist and exercise girl and that's all I really need. (actually, I don't even need the nutritionist/exercise visits, I just go to them because they schedule them automatically).

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Generic User_Name
on 8/23/11 6:51 am
 Besides Kelly, you already paid for all those visits when you paid your Program Fee so why not go to those appts.

Generic User_Name
on 8/23/11 6:49 am
 My wife (southernlady5464) had a virgin DS with Dr. Boyce.  The only complication she has had was gall bladder issues that required surgery to remove it.  She saw Dr. Boyce at the initial consult, the day of surgery, and at her gall bladder consult, and the day of her gall bladder surgery.

She was seen by his staff (bariatric nurse, NUT, exercise physiologist) at other appointments.

Hope that helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics