Looking for a WLS friendly PCP around Nashville

mom2jakeandmaddie
on 9/9/11 5:39 am - Hendersonville, TN
Does anyone know of a good PCP around Nashville that is WLS patients friendly?  I've been seeing the same Doc for 7 yrs but he keeps trying to give me NSAIDS.  I've been having horrible Migraines and I went in yesterday and he gave me Toradol.  It didn't help so I went back in this morning in tears and he told me there wasn't anything he could do for me without using NSAIDS and I should just go to the ER.  I know I can't be the first WL patient with migraines.  I'm really frusterated with him but have kept seeing him because I didn't know who else to see.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jen
Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
hollykim
on 9/10/11 1:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I previously used Dr. Michael Miller 615-321-1121 1915 1/2 church street in the baptist hospital area. He is very WLS supportive and the only problem I had was getting him to order ALL the labs I wanted according to the AMSBMS,or whatever it is,lol standards.

I am presently using Amy Cole,Cole Faaamily Practice 615-874-3422 on Lebanon R in Old hickory. I was using her for bioidentical hormones and decided I didn't need two pcp's when she could do it all and she can. She is a nurse practioner,midwife,aand is very interested in womens issues.  She is more on the holistic side but does use traditional medicine as well. She takes insurance which is a plus for that type of dr as well.

Hope this helps,

Holly

Bruce S.
on 9/10/11 11:15 pm - Portland, TN
You could try the Hermitage Family Practice of off Andrew Jackson Blvd.  They accept all types of insurance and will also see self pay.
Susan J.
on 9/11/11 6:17 am - Madison, TN

Have you tried any of the sumatriptan drugs for migraines, like Imitrex? This is not an NSAID and worked wonders on my migraines.

I see Shawnda Hollie in the 20th Avenue Building near Baptist. I had to find a new PCP when mine retired almost 3 years ago. Dr. Hollie really listens and is very supportive as well as having a very good understanding of what my special issues and needs are as a WLS patient.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

mom2jakeandmaddie
on 9/12/11 4:51 am - Hendersonville, TN
I've been on Frova and just switched to Imatrex and I take tramadol and most of the time those two things help but about once a month I get one where they don't help in the slightest.  They can lasts for days and are completely debilitating. 

I've been thinking about switching for a while but have been going to him for so long it's been hard to switch but I think Friday was the last straw for me.  It was day 4 and nothing had worked and since I told him I didn't want to try the NSAID noes spray, which said "can cause gastrointestinal bleeds without warning which may cause death", he just told me there was nothing he could do for me.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...I will definately do research on them all!!  Your help is very much appreciated!!

Jen
Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
troup76
on 9/14/11 3:37 am
 Rather than seeing a PCP for migraines.  Why not check a neurologist?  

Now this might sound weird but it works.  I get headaches/migraines about every 2 months.  I see a chiropractor to get adjusted.  Instantly, the pain in my head goes away.  I would be happy to refer you to him if you want to check him out.

Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

Most Active
Recent Topics