4 years after Bypass Surgery

Barbara D.
on 4/10/12 1:05 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
I'm all most 4 years out from my Gastric Bypass surgery.  I was doing great until about 6 months ago.  I have gained about 40 lbs.  I know my sac has enlarged.  Is it possible to shrink it again?  I have got to get back doing what I know is right.  I don't ever want to look like I did before my surgery.
ladylissa
on 4/10/12 10:22 am - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 IDK ABOUT THE GBS BUT PEOPLE WITH THE SLEEVE ARE DOING THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST YOU CAN LOOK INTO THAT I HOPE THAT HELPS.
Barbara D.
on 4/13/12 12:49 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks for the info.  I have ordered the 5 day pouch test & hope to get back on track.
ladylissa
on 4/13/12 10:21 am - MS
VSG on 08/03/12
 youre welcome i hope it works for u keep my posted if u dont mind
southernlady5464
on 4/15/12 10:16 pm
On April 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM Pacific Time, ladylissa wrote:
 IDK ABOUT THE GBS BUT PEOPLE WITH THE SLEEVE ARE DOING THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST YOU CAN LOOK INTO THAT I HOPE THAT HELPS.
The 5 day Pouch test is for those with pouches. IE: The RNY or Gastric Bypass type surgery.

Those of us with sleeves/ds'ers don't need the pouch test as we do NOT have a pouch. We still have our stomach, just much smaller. As in we still have our pyloris valve. The RNY/GBS gets rid of the MUCH needed pyloris valve.

And the best way to manage regain is to cut out carbs and sweets and focus on protein.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

melsreturn
on 4/11/12 9:52 am - Madison, TN
Keep in mind, the farther out from surgery we get, we can't just survive on protein shakes any more.  I would say go back to basics:  protein first, make sure to drink all your liquids each day as many times we are actually thirsty, not hungry.  Cut out the "extras" such as dressings, sauces, bread, etc.  

I will be honest, there are times I must pull the reins back and get my head back in the game. From what I have seen in my other long term post op friends, same has gone for them too.  Good seeing you again on the board.  I've not been here for awhile, was just stopping by to see what was going on. 

Barbara D.
on 4/13/12 12:49 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks Mel.  Congrats on your recent marriage.  Loved the pics Scott took.  The old group should all get together for lunch sometime..
jan4756
on 6/27/12 9:35 am - Crossville, TN
THANKS , I ALSO HAVE GAINED ABOUT 30 LBS SO I WILL BE WORKING ALONG WITH YOU TO DO BETTER .GOOD LUCK JANET FROM CROSSVILLE TN,
KittenLove
on 4/16/12 11:49 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
I'm right at the same timeline -- this is where it gets reaaaaallly hard, doesn't it?

I can eat normal portions and tolerate everything -- it's hard but you gotta commit.

PLAN each and every day.
MOVE somehow each and every day.
DRINK water.

You can do it.

Be happy. 

Shell4banding
on 4/21/12 2:45 am
I still go back and forth with about 10 lbs. Once I gain the 10 , I panic and go back on the proten and no snacking.  I will be 3 years out in August but I still have BAD dumping when I eat the sugar and too much carbs, a blessing I guess. But when I get back on track with the protein and no snacking I am surprised  the 10 lbs. comes right off.  I can't seem to stay on track enough to lose past the 10 lbs.  I would like to lose 20-30 more. Snacking all day is my big downfall ....find myself snacking even when I am not hungry. That scares me cause that is how I got into weight trouble in the first place.  I guess a battle I will always fight.  Get back on track with protein and your water , you can do it!!  good luck ~shell

Most Active
Recent Topics