Old Question -- New Frustration

KELLY H.
on 6/5/12 8:14 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
Yeah,  I have been on an off these boards for YEARS.  I went to a seminar at Cenntenial and even started the 6 month process of seeing my doctor monthly only to find out that they no longer accept Amerigroup.   That was back in 2010.   Let's just say that I gave up. 

Being heavy.   It's like living in a prison.   I am looked down on by every one...even more so because I am a woman.  What makes it worse is that my job didn't offer insurance.  I was laid off after 8 years due to take over in March and was able to get back on Medicaid only to find that while they cover WLS not a single doctor in the state will accept it.  

It's enough to make you tear your hair out.  I want it so bad.  I am getting older now (33) and my body is breaking down.  It's getting more and more painful to live day to day. 

I keep hoping that if I wait long enough,  something will change,  a doctor/surgery center will finally get their heads out of their asses and do something for those of us who are unfortunate enough to be stuck with state insurance.  I am willing to jump through any hoop they require if they'd only save my life. 

Where is my pro bono surgeon angel when I need him? 
Most Active
Recent Topics