Pain Managment after WLS

mom2jakeandmaddie
on 6/6/12 2:56 am - Hendersonville, TN
I've had back problems for about 15 years and before wls I took NSAIDS to keep the pain under control. (I had my GB in 08)  Over the past two years my back issues have gotten progressively worse and I'm not sure what else to do or where else to go.    I've been on tramadol for 2 years and they have stopped working.  I'm currently weaning myself off of them because, even though they were supposed to be non addictive the withdrawls from those are a b**ch!

So my question is have any of you had the same issues and if so how did you handle it?  The docs I've seen think I'm just drug seeking and I'm truly not. I tell them I can't take NSAIDS and they roll their eyes...I tell them my body doesn't obsorb meds like others and they think I'm being difficult.

I just want to not hurt....and I don't know how to make that happen.

Any advise is very much appreciated!

Jen
Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
KellyJTn
on 6/26/12 7:09 am - Oak Ridge, TN
There are procedures (you'll be awake, just numbed up) that can be done to help ease your pain. There are nerve blocks, and epidural steroid injections plus many more. I work for a Dr that does these on a daily basis and they really help a lot of people. Especially people who cannot take pain medication for some reason or another. We are just outside of Knoxville, so I could give you his info if you're interested.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

mom2jakeandmaddie
on 6/26/12 7:30 am - Hendersonville, TN
Thanks so much for your response.  I already have 3 Epidural Steroid Injections every year.  They really helped at 1st but not so much anymore.  I will look into the Nerve blocks.
thanks
Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
rhearob
on 6/27/12 1:36 am - TN
 Do you explain to them that you had gastric bypass and thats the reason you cant take NSAIDS?  I can't imagine them ignoring a huge issue like that!

Have you asked Dr. Houston for any suggestions or any of the other clinicians at Centennial?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics