THURSDAY WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 4/20/11 8:00 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! I know I've been MIA for a few days but I haven't felt well. Monday I traveled to Austin. After a long day I ate supper and got violently ill ALL night. When I got up yesterday I was still tired from being sick and my allergies were bothering me so I stayed home. I feel better today but am still tired from not doing a whole lot yesterday. But I"ve got things to do so I need to go.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/20/11 8:30 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning all!! ALISSA-do be careful, with those "allergies". Our patients, who are respiratory impaired at ALL, are having a TERRIBLE week-between the fire soot, etc hanging overhead/the weird rain and hail pattern that blew through/varying temps..in other words-TEXAS WEATHER!! My own resp issues are certainly not "life threatening", but I only lasted a few minutes on my afternoon jaunt around around our office bldg yesterday. When you can TASTE air, you don't need to be outside unnecessarily. My head felt like it was going to explode 15 minutes later..crap! By the time I drive home, from up by six Flags, I could barely breathe at all...but after 30 minutes, in the house, was okay,,so walking" was done on the super glider and treadmill--under the ceiling fan!!

I would just like to say how much I am enjoying the increased "activity" on the TMB. I'm seeing newbies posting and seeing people post who have not been here in awhile..and I love it! so many, many peeps have come and gone over the years, and I often worry about what happened to them. I think I've been around OH something like 10 YEARS...unbelievable...I know I had been here awhile before surgery...and it will be 9 yrs tomorrow....There was no TMB back then, but I had "chat friends" on OH, who my support system-no local people they were all way far out of state, and were so very special to me. Patti and Crow have died since since then, but I "refound" Deb (Kansas) and Mary (Ohio) via FB, and they are maintainng their wt loss, after all these years!!

Ok..that's enough novel for today..time to hit the shower..hope everyone has a GREAT, GREAT day, wherever you, and whatever you're doing!!

Gina AKA Nurse Gina

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 4/20/11 10:46 pm - Keller, TX
After I typed this I ate breakfast and got very sick numerous times. On way to care now because like Meggie green means yuck and I'd rather get treated now. I think most of my stomach issues are because of allergy gunk. Hoping to put a stop to this crap. Stay indoors today. I know I will once I return.
Karla Lewis
on 4/20/11 8:58 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning Alissa. Glad to see you here again and hope you keep feeling better. I'm very glad a 3 day weekend starts when I get off today.

Ben will be home around 6:00 and we will be at Aggie Muster tonight. I actually have to be there as soon as I am off work to help my sister and BIL set up and get my food there. There is always about 100 or more people at our Livingston muster.

I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

meggieintx
on 4/20/11 9:14 pm - Fort Worth, TX
God morning all! Allergies kicking my butt too! Calling the doc cause stuff turned green an that is not good and I have no time to be sick!!!

Gina I am glad to see so many posting again! There are many I wondere about how and where they are too!

Mom to the airport today and then on to work.i sure hope today is a little easier. Ended up working most of yesterday which was my day off due to other people not getting their job done right, However the customer is very happy now and I made things alright and that is what matters.

Weight good and steady and loving the fruit this time of year. So yall go out and make it a great day or just fake it! Not sure which way it will fly around here!

Meggie
Megan 
Don 1962
on 4/20/11 9:30 pm
Glad to see you back Alissa!

Made it in and out of DFW okay last night okay.  Who(m)ever designed that mess at the north entrance needs his/her butt beaten to a pulp!  Liked to have wrecked out going through there.  Go back Sunday via the south end!

Today will be a "first" I think.  I'll be going to work and Norma stays at the house.  She and fur child had happy reunion.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Phyllis M.
on 4/20/11 11:18 pm - Irving, TX
She and fur child had happy reunion

Was that YOU or the 4-legged child? heheheh      
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Don 1962
on 4/21/11 12:22 am
Phyllis,

I picked up on your train of thought but get yo' mind out of the gutter! 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Saundra P.
on 4/20/11 10:57 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Alissa, hope you start feeling better.

Going to a support group in Greenville tonight with sisters and then out to dinner after wards, so I actually have something on my agenda besides work.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

TraceyC
on 4/20/11 11:23 pm, edited 4/20/11 11:23 pm - DFW, TX
Hey You Guys!

Tonight is our Staff Appreciation Banquet so it will be late before I get home. I am planning on running home and grabbing Blake. Then I'm supposed to meet Dirk at the Honda place to sign paperwork on a four-wheeler. We are on 18 acres and there are woods behind the house so we've talked about getting the kids one to ride for a while now. This one came available and the price is right. Memorial Day weekend we are going to a four wheeling park. SO out of my comfort zone....lol We will take the RV so I actually have refuge though.

I went walking last night. Boy does that sure feel good for the self esteem! I go Monday for a fill too, so I feel like I am getting back on track after having a baby.

Blake is going to an Easter party today with his grandma and cousin. He looked so cute in his "my first Easter" togs.

The doctors had a Care Plan meeting yesterday with Michaels' family. They rate severity from 3-15, with 3 being the worst. Michael is a 3. He has a skull fracture that runs from ear to ear. He is still not breathing on his own. The doctors are saying that if he survives he will have massive brain damage. We are on day 12 of this tragic accident. So so sad and pointless.

We also had another family whose house burned down yesterday. There are multiple kids involved. No one was injured luckily.

It's been a loooong two weeks! Please say a prayer for these families.

Happy Thursday to all!
Tracey

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 44 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 428 views