Tornado Thursday WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 5/11/11 8:10 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! Since we live in Tornado Alley so to speak, have you lived through a tornado? How close did one get to you? Are you just mesmerized when you watch one on tv?

ALL ABOARD!
Alissa A.
on 5/11/11 8:23 pm - Keller, TX
I've been awake since 3:15am. I didn't fall asleep until 10:30pm. I don't sleep well when Bryan is away. He got home last night at 7:30pm, ate supper, and then got word the office lost all electricity so he had to go back in at 8:30pm and he just got home 10 minutes ago. He's talking about going back in. I sure wish he'd sleep but I know better than to argue. lol.

Tornados- the closest I've come is about 3-5 miles from one. Chris and I were living in a house in Irving. The dish was out due to the storm so we didn't have the tv on. We were coloring at the kitchen table when the sirens went off. I grabbed Chris, the dog, his Buzz LIghtyear radio/flashlight, and a big comforter and got into the hallway bathtub. It was so loud that I was sure our roof was going to come off. It was SCARY. Chris, however, was excited because we were sitting in his bathtub with all of his bath toys and he didn't have to take a bath! He was 5 at the time. Thanks to the Buzz Lightyear radio I heard that the tornado touched down and hit the church that was right on 183 and Esters. I had to get a new roof because of the storm. When the big tornado hit FW I was out of town. I was worried sick till I heard from my sister.

I got a new app called Meal Snap- unfortunately being up at 3am makes for impulse app purchases. It is supposed to snap a picture of the food you are eating and give you the calorie content of what you are eating. You can snap it again when you're done and it will then calculate the meal based on what's left. I don't know if it works yet but I will give it a try.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 8:26 pm - GA
Many years ago (when I lived in Savannah), a tornado was in the area...didnt know we had one until afterwards...so apparently it was not close. 

Later on that year, Hurricane David (Cat 1) hit Savannah too.  The only damage that we had from that was a few boards had to be replaced on our fence.

Not much on the agenda for me today, except driving, driving, and more driving...DUH!!!  Ms. Gulf Coast here I come!!!
Alissa A.
on 5/11/11 8:36 pm - Keller, TX
I hope you all have a GREAT time! Call if you need bail money!
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 9:02 pm - GA
Need your phone number...LOL
Karla Lewis
on 5/11/11 9:00 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I don't live in tornado alley that I know of...TX is a big place. I do however live where a hurricane can get you. Both are not good...

It's finally raining here. Its great to hear the thunder outside since we've had no rain for months now.

One meeting at work and folders crying out my name to work on them.

Hope all have a good day!

Have a safe trip Norma and have fun.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/11/11 9:43 pm - Burleson, TX

GM ALISSA and all ! Tornado/Twister/Tomatoe/Tomato....in Tx it's all the same I think..and straight line winds can be even scarier and just as deadly..been AROUND lots of all them (but remember-I've been alive a LONG time-bound to seen alot). I've been CLOSE to 2 tornadoes, that I know of--one I was in the 6th grade and sleeping in the back of a pick up camper, with my cousin, in my grandparents's driveway, in Waco. My brother and boy cousin were in my truck behind us. We watched their truck flip over and the trains behind my grandparents's house were picked up and flipped off the tracks. Nobody was hurt, but I remember it being very, very loud--but--of course-we were close to the railroad tracks, so we thought it was the train noise!!

The 2nd one was in Burleson, in the 8th grade-it was one street over-wiped out 2 houses-completely-and I was taking a nap and slept through the whole thing. After that my dad would never sleep during a storm. He would turn on Channel 5-pray to Harold Taft, and watch the sky, from out the back patio door. I can close my eyes, and see him-plain as day. RIP, Pop-and Harold!!

I'm sure I'm not scared ENOUGH of them now. I watch the TV reports, but then go to bed. Our sirens, here in town, are just a few blocks away, and tend to go off every time a bird poops on them, so I tend to ignore them. Someday those sirens may be "for real. I REALLY need to invest in a weather radio. Walgreens has them for $30. Every home really needs one.

OKay-time to go play in the rain-Hope everyone stays safe today!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 5/11/11 10:05 pm - Keller, TX
Wow! That was a close one. I'm glad the boys werent hurt! Bryan said the other day we should buy one. We were house sitting and sound asleep when their weather radio went off. But we didn't know they had one and we'd never heard one so it scared the heck out of us!
Hope you stay dry!
meggieintx
on 5/11/11 10:45 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Been through a flood, a blizzard and tornado! All a pain in the ass but the beauty of the sky after is redeeming!I hate these storms because they trigger my headaches and migraines! Grrrr!

Tommorrow we take Maggie(Mom's lab)to surgery. One of her many fatty tumors doubled in size while mom was out of town and we found out yesterday it is cancerous. Prayers for the furbaby would be sweet! 

4 more days of work till vaca! And work is hell on wheels which is a good thing. Just need to remember my vit x! Eating is pretty good need more protein and less carbs. Have started journaling again for my vivit to the cleveland clinic so that will help.

Have a great day!
Meggie  
Megan 
Don 1962
on 5/11/11 11:09 pm
Have been on both sides of storms.  Have had to work in areas after several "tornado's" or "straight line winds" have done there damage.  Have had to clean up the mess they left me on the Ponderosa.  Mainly tree limbs if not the trees themselves.

No grime fighting on tap for today.  Need to carry my car to Tyler for an oil change and maybe a small, if there is such a thing, Sam's run.  Oh and the perquisite Starbucks fix!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 44 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 428 views