shopping for a wedding dress........???

Heather B.
on 6/12/11 2:33 pm - Temple, TX
i am getting officially getting married (not that texas common law marriage crap) next year on june 1st 2012. ive been told that i need to start looking at wedding gowns. however these are my concerns:

how can i possibly look at a wedding gown if i dont even know what size i will be this time next year?

ive lost 130 lbs in almost 4 months and i dont want to buy a dress at the last minute and get stuck with something that looks like crap and i dont like. can someone please give me some advice on what to do or how to go about this?? 
and maybe suggest any good stores in the waco or austin area, im willing to drive for a good dress.

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 9:02 pm - GA
First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Right now, I would start looking at dresses in Bride's magazines, and decide what style of dress you think you might want.  You are still very early out, and losing weight very quickly that I would not go out right now to find a dress.  You could possibly be down another 100 pounds by the end of the year.  I wouldnt even think about actual shopping for a dress until December.  That would still give you 6 months before the wedding date, and you should be able to get a dress ordered in that length of time.

FYI...dont discount the dresses on the rack should it come down to that.  I announced my engagement at Christmas to get married two months later.  I didnt have a choice, but to get a dress off the rack.    When everyone else was shopping the after Christmas sales, I was shopping for a wedding dress.  And I found that perfect dress...too bad I didnt have the perfect guy to marry though.
Vivian Prouty
on 6/12/11 10:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Heather and congratulations,

It really doesn't take as long as you may think to find a wedding dress.   Do as Norma said.....look at Bridal magazines.   Decide what style your might want to wear and focus on that.    My son married a month ago today and my DIL bought her dress at David's Bridal 2 weeks before the wedding and even had to have it altered.   SO you can wait and not have to rush and buy the dress way ahead.    Besides that....if you buy the dress way ahead of time......you might find something that you like better closer to the wedding.   I would think that a couple of months before the wedding will give you enough time.   I wouldn't have it altered too soon though.    You may end up with a dress too big for you.   Congrats and enjoy yourself planning your big day !!!!   Also congrats on that AWESOME weight loss !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

bluesun
on 6/13/11 2:28 am - McKinney, TX
RNY on 12/15/06 with
Norma has given you some solid advice, I don't really have anything additional to add.

Heather B.
on 6/13/11 3:55 am - Temple, TX
thank you for the excellent advice. i was worried about this one aspect of the whole wedding and yall put my mind at ease. normally a person would be excited for dress shopping but im dreading it. ill still have lots of flabby skin and dont really want to be seen in something so gorgeous when im still a work in progress. thanks again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 121 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 431 views