Wednesday WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 6/28/11 7:50 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning! Its my first regular day back to work since June 16th! I worked from home on the 17th, then in Austin all last week, sick Monday, and out with Chris yesterday. He's done amazing with his oral surgery. Around 7 his friends came over to play and when he walked out at 8, Bryan and I both could see he looked drained and pale though. I told him it was time for them to go but they wanted a few more minutes. He had some macaroni and then asked for the ice pack for his mouth so he might have over done it. He went to sleep pretty quickly. He was doing so well though, whic is why I let his friends come over. Before that he was resting and watching tv. He rented the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie on pay per view. Hopefully he will do okay today.

Not much else to report except that I'm so buried at work I shouldn't have time to snack! lol.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Don 1962
on 6/28/11 8:19 pm
It's been too HOT to snack but alas I do.  Damn Triscuits.  

Good to know Chris is on his way to a successful recovery.

This week has made me appreciate only working part-time.  Today last day of "work" week but I've got stuff to do here as well.  Will be next Thursday before Sears can get here to look at my washing machine.  Have gotten enough rain to make the grass grow enough to justify running the riding mower this weekend.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

meggieintx
on 6/29/11 9:06 am - Fort Worth, TX

Just jumping on the caboose! Pooped out this evening, been cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and getting hair done!! I think I am nesting to get ready for by surgery!! love to all!!
Meggie

Megan 
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 8:23 pm - GA
Good morning Alissa and TMB...

Last night I went to the visitation for my friend.  There were lots of people there.  While I was there, I did see some of my 'old' classmates...some people looked the same, some people didnt...LOL  One guy has just celebrated his one year birthday of a heart transplant, and found out that his wife is a breast cancer survival...I guess when comparing myself to them, I have held up well, huh??

Hopefully the bird saga will be resolved today.  Only one guy came yesterday for a normal two man operation.  It is one bird making all that racket, and apparently it is a very young bird.  The technician could not reach him from the inside, nor from the outside.  So today, two guys are coming to resolve this issue.  He did leave the vent open, and it has been very quiet, so maybe the bird has flown the coop.  I am so loving this peace and quiet!!!

Not much else is happening here.

Go out and make it a great day!!!

Alissa A.
on 6/28/11 8:27 pm - Keller, TX
I was wondering how your wildlife situation was going! Hope the birdie has flown the coup!
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 8:30 pm - GA
I guess you could say that I have been living life on the 'wild' side lately!!!   LOL
azurepenguin
on 6/28/11 8:59 pm - Arlington, TX
 Good morning!

I'm highly annoyed.  Today was supposed to be bill paying and grocery shopping day.  Unfortunately Clint checked his account and his paycheck hasn't been deposited in yet.  *grumble grumble*.  I hope its just a technical delay and it will be in later today but I have a feeling it will be tomorrow.  All 'important' bills should hold for 24 hours if needed (i.e. power and water) but the cell phones may get cut off today...oh well.  We can live for 24 hours without the phones.

Thank goodness I'm not Mother Hubbard either...cupbords are fully stocked.

I guess its time to get going.  I really just want to crawl back into bed.  Have a good day.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Karla Lewis
on 6/28/11 11:20 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm working in my yard today. I'm glad I'll be out of the house and in some sun. My yard needs it too...looking bad. I love it when it's freshly groomed. Hope everyone has a great day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Phyllis M.
on 6/28/11 11:41 pm - Irving, TX
Hi Alissa - I'm so glad to hear that Chris seams to be doing okay -   hopefully he will hold up today - probably will be sore today too.....:(

Not much in my neighbor today...just workin.........I hate this heat -  I wished the heat affected my eating.....but it doesn't................I eat no matter what !!     grrrrrrrrrr  I gotta find something to do or get back into during my "boring times".....I look at the house and need to CLEAN it from top to bottom - but just can't get motivated when I'm at home -    all I wanna do is rest  - but so much of that eventually catches up with ya.....and it needs to be done..............I guess the winter will come eventually and then I can do spring cleaning when I'm locked in the house because then its too cold !!  lol 

Time to get back to work !!

Love you all !! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 6/28/11 11:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Alissa and TMB,

So glad that Chris is doing well from his oral surgery.   Norma....hope that little bird is gone for good. Stress is in Mega high gear at my house.   I didn't go to bed till after 2:30 this morning and it is going to be a very long day.    Moving one of my son's home and having to deal with his problems ( which become MINE ).  UGH   Please keep me in  your prayers.    I only got about 4 hours ( If that ) of sleep and I don't deal with life real well if i don't have at least 6 hours.    I know that in the end everything will be OK though.    Too much on my plate today.   Although I am going to try my hardest to not let this get me down and make it a good day anyway.    Prayers for all in need.   Love you guys !!!  Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 50 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 435 views