Intro-New member

Shelbean6
on 11/19/11 9:18 pm - TX
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Shelly. I'm from Austin, Tx and am currently waiting to get sleeved on 12/13/11 in Dallas, by Dr Davidson. I'm super excited nervous and can't wait to see what the next year. I do have one question for y'all.....Does anyone know of a support group in the Austin area? I know my Dr has one but not really wanting to drive up to Dallas thst often. Thanks for being here and can't wait to get to know everyone on here!!!

Saundra P.
on 11/19/11 10:43 pm - Mesquite, TX

Welcome to TMB Shelly,

We will make room for you on the loser bench.  I am in the Dallas area so not familiar with support groups in the Austin area.  I also used Dr Davidson for my revision, you are in good hands.  I have attended several of the support group he has in Dallas but mostly attend the one in Greenville.

Hopefully someone from the Austin area will reply with some options for you, but it is kind of slow on this board on weekends so it might be a day or two.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/20/11 6:25 pm - Burleson, TX

Hi SHELLY!! I can't answer your specific question, either, but wanted to welcome you to the TMB family, and thank YOU for introducing yourself. We have a TMB member in New Braunfels-I will text her today, and see if she can help you out with ideas, support group wise.

I have heard nothing but good about Dr. Davidson-and anyone SAUNDRA vouches for, has the "nod" from me-S is very a very smart lady!

I hope you will post often, and feel you can ask your questions FREELY. There are all surgery "types" here, and we all co-exist peacefully, most of the time. If we can't answer your questions, we'll find someone who can.

Mostfully, you will find SUPPORT here-and people who TRULY want you to succeed!!!

We also have been known to take road trips. You have been forewarned...

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Phyllis M.
on 11/20/11 10:05 pm - Irving, TX
Hi Shelly !!  Welcome to the TMB!      
Congrats on your decision to have surgery !  It will be an awesome ride /journey !!

I'm in the DFW area so I'm not much help for ya in the Austin area.....sowwy I can tell ya anything - but a  HELLO !! 

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 11/20/11 10:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Shelly and welcome to the TMB,

Nina does a support group in Round Rock ( i believe that is near Austin area ).   I believe it is called Round Rock Rox.   You may want to go to the community in the blue section above....then click on groups and put in Austin area or Round Rock Texas.    Good luck I will PM Nina and see if I can get her to rely to your post.    Welcome to OH and you will make some amazing friends on the message boards.    Congrats on your upcoming surgery.     Dr. Davidson is a good surgeon.    Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Shelbean6
on 11/21/11 8:23 pm - TX
Thanks everyone! I can't wait till Dec 13. I'm sure I sill have many more ?'s as I get closer to my date and a ton afterwards. Really looking forward to getting to know all of you and even a roadtrip

Kim G.
on 11/22/11 7:04 am - Plano, TX
Congrats Shelly, and welcome to the TMB! Hold on, because it is going to be a wild ride!!! It will be exciting, wonderful, and emotional! There are some great peeps here and we are always here to help!

Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 39 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 113 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 424 views