Monday WLS Express

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/20/11 6:30 pm, edited 11/20/11 6:30 pm - Burleson, TX

ALL ABOARD!!

"Monday..Monday..can't trust that day"...great...now I have THAT song jiggling through my head...not that any of YOU are old enough to remember the Mamas and the Papas..I was in the 4th or 5th grade when that song came out...We used to sing it on the school bus..really LOUDLY..without IPODs..wonder how our bus driver survived...my guess is vodka in his thermos...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/20/11 6:45 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, TMB family! I just realized-I never left the house this weekend-except on foot, to walk. There just wasn't anywhere I really needed or wanted to go. It was nice to "nest", for a chance. I didn't "accomplish" a whole lot around here-unless you count all the wisdom I garnered from my "Dr. Phil marathon" on Saturday!! I wound up being a slug, falling asleep on the couch, and not even making it to church yesterday-AM disappointed about that-but not about the rest of the weekend...

Extra special prayers for our MEGGIE, to help get her thru her mom's visitation tonight and the funeral/life celebration tomorrow. She'll really need us afterward, when she has time to catch her breath, and start a "different" life. I think most of us have lost at least one parent, and can relate to what she is going thru. My dad died, a victim of cancer, 21 yrs ago, and sometimes it feels like yesterday-and other times it feels like 21 yrs ago. it's weird how the human brain/heart collide sometimes...

Short week for me this week. I won't know how to act. being in my business, holidays are not a "given". I've WORKED many more holidays, the past 30+ yrs than I've ever been OFF. Now that my kids are GROWN, I have a job where I'm pretty much off on holidays-figures, huh? When my boys were little, and I had to work, they were used to spending Christmas at the nursing home-they thought Santa LIVED there, cuz HE was old. The residents loved having little kids for Christmas, so it was a win/win...I really miss those days of Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Bug's Life...My boys always used to pick a "theme" each year and kinda run with it-made shopping easier! You can tell, by our Christmas ornamenets, what was "in" each year-the ornaments are dated. It's alot of fun to put up the tree and see all those. i have a "trash tree"-all my "stuff"-no "fancy", blingy tree for me-belive it or not..though I DO have some PRINCESS ornaments...surprise..surprise...

Hope everyone has a KIND Monday!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 11/20/11 8:01 pm - Keller, TX
Having lost my husband 10 years ago, I know all too well the heart and head colliding. In one way it seems like he was just here and others it seems an entire lifetime ago.

Don 1962
on 11/20/11 7:22 pm
Morning Nurse Gina,

I did not get to hit slug status till got home from Tyler, ate lunch and settled into to watch the Cowboys extend their winning streak!  Three games in a row!

Lost my Dad 18 years ago.  Know what you mean about the head and heart colliding.  Give what I could for five minutes with the man but ain't going to happen and have to remember what the angel said "Why seek the living among the dead."

Three days at work this week.  Two "normal" early days and Wednesday evening this week.  Boss man wants plenty of presence on our part of the highway that afternoon/evening.  If you must drink and drive - we'll provide the "chaser".

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Alissa A.
on 11/20/11 8:00 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning. Sorry I was being a slug from the board-not intentional- slept in and dozed on and off all morning Saturday. Watched Maggie Sat night-Christy's first time away from Maggie for more than a quick errand. Sophia was in the Nutcracker and instead of paying $40 for us to watch her-again- we got to play with a baby. It was great. Sunday we did the church thing and then chilled around the house. Well, I did-Bryan got the outside of the house all Christmas-y and mowed the yard. We had to run to Walgreens to get a few replacement bulbs. Now we have to do the inside. We leave early Thursday morning to go to Corpus to see a good friend of mine, Nicole. Nicole had breast cancer at 37 and then her first baby at 40. Cooper is 1 week older than Maggie. So we're going to give her and her husband a break while getting to hold an adorable baby.

Gotta get Chris his meds and then let him go back to sleep and head to work. Lucky kid!

Have a great day today!
Karla Lewis
on 11/20/11 9:08 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm off, but heading into work to catch up on some paperwork. It will give me some peace of mind. I'll come home mid afternoon after grocery shopping. No other big plans for me today. Tomorrow will be a stay at home and cook and pack for the holidays day.

Have a good day. Prayers for Meggie and family.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Saundra P.
on 11/20/11 9:24 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

My prayers are with Meggie, I know the pain of losing your mother. I lost my Mom 3 days after Christmas 13 years ago  in a car crash, I still miss and think about her everyday. 

Did my Thanksgiving grocery shopping yesterday got the Turkey defrosting in the fridge.  

It's a 3 day work with for m since I took Friday off. I have Daddy duty on Friday but still hoping to get in a little shopping in but I will wait till later in the day.   I did the 5 am WalMart thing ONCE and don't every plan to do that again.

Work is all that is on my agenda today and should be easy day as a lot of folks will be on vacation so should be able to get a lot of work done.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Phyllis M.
on 11/20/11 10:03 pm - Irving, TX
Good Morning TMB

Yes - I had a lazy weekend somewhat too this past weekend !!  
I didn't go to work at all . :(   OH Well
Saturday - chores around the house in the am - b-day party in the afternoon.  Got to spoil someone else's 3month old and got my baby holding time in (been a long time since I had any)...  So it was neat.  LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT !! 

It was 15 yrs ago this past Saturday that I lost my mom to lung cancer.  I have felt all 15 yrs - but I think it was almost  a yr went by I think before I just really broke down and SCREAMED/Crying and let it all out.  (Amanda was 10 when she lost her "Nana" - Nana was her 2nd mom !!  I think I cried or hurt  more at that time for the loss of her relationship with my mom and my daughter than me and my mom's relationship .  Yes the heart and mind just doing always meet in the middle either.

Sunday was our "Hanging of the Greens' service at church.  I had never heard or actually been to one of those.   Or at least where it was called that.  I PLAYED THE PIANO FOR THE WHOLE SERVICE !!  Enjoyed every moment of it too.     I had a lot of nice compliments.  Brought bac**** memories of my weekly playing at church at my home church there..  so the weepy moments came at not such a good time.....when my heart should have been praising for his birth!  I realized this am - after spending the whole afternoon in the "chair" for Cowboys and Nascar that I think I was just tired -    I feel good this am. !!       Its what the doctor ordered -  weepy tearing and crying is just God's way of clearing the heart and mind.  I will always believe that ! 

Gina:  The mirage of several things on your tree makes the best Christmas trees - a little of this - and a little of that......I think too many themed trees just are a sign of a "sick" and too organized mind !!  lol ............Just kidding!! 

Luv you all  and have a GREAT day !!  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 11/20/11 10:19 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Gina and TMB,

My weekend was a whirlwind.   I spent the entire day yesterday at Teen Challenge with my 36 + sons.   LOL   At least that is how many call me Mom there.    It was really nice.   I went to church with them yesterday morning then spent the day with them after going to Vance Godbey's for lunch with my family then back to the center to wait for church last night.     It was a fun day except for the fact that the weather dropped about 30 degrees between my house and the center and I had NO coat in my car.    UGH   I had taken a shirt and capris to change into after morning church but decided that my dress was probably warmer than those and just kept it on.   LOL   It was a  great day.    Now I have several orders for special things to make for our Thanksgiving dinner there with the guys.    I think I have those guys spoiled.    I had to stop by Albertsons last night and get them soft drinks.   If you buy one soft drinks they ALL have one.    I had 3 extra guys in my car going back to the center ( they usually ALL have to go back on the bus ).    Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful week.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

cajungirl
on 11/21/11 12:09 am
Good Monday morning to all!  What a fabulous weekend, didn't do much other than housework, football party, church yesterday (mass for my Dad), and cooked.  This was a slow weekend believe it or not.  I'm super pumped about a short week, work today and tomorrow only and 5 days off and time with my family. 

I've been listening to KLOVE a lot lately and really enjoying their Christian Christmas music.  I've also been listening to Beth Moore's book on CD "So Long Insecurities".  I didn't realize I DO have insecurities I need to work through.....hmmm remember that "void", yep it's there I believe that I need to worth through my insecurities.  Guess living in the marriage I had for 16 years did some damage I need to repair.  I STRONGLY recommend this to anyone needing to believe in them self.....remember WE are worth it!

Asking for prayers for me and my family as we approach our first holiday season without my Dad; I know it'll be hard for all of us.  Also dealing with another family matter I rather not discuss but asking for strength to be strong while I help someone that really needs help.

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving.  Remember it's not all about the food, remind yourself to be grateful and thankful for all you have; even with the ups and downs of life we all have something to be thankful for.

Hugs,

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views