Fallen and NEED to get back up !!

Naomi Z.
on 2/19/12 1:37 am - Killeen, TX
It's been ages since I have even logged onto this site...but I woke up this morning with a bang on my head. I realized I am over weight yet again. I am a little over 5 yrs out since my surgery. I started off weighing in at 270pds and got down to 140 pds..I was going on my 7th YES I said 7th blood pressure pill when I was asked if I ever considered this surgery,after all the weight lose I was pill free (except the norms that come with having this done,.vitamins,ext.). I have been having some back problems and during one of my appointments it was confirmed my blood pressure is back up again..so now I am back on 2 pills.I am weighing in at 160 now. That's 20 pounds that snuck up on me in the last 2 yrs. I know depression and crazyness with in my life are strong parts in that. Why did I not pay attention when I was wearing a size 4 to one day buying size 10's. So when I woke up I said that's IT..im DONE..I will NOT go back to where I was 5 yrs ago..My husband say's.."go back to basics" and I was like.."what are the basics"...I lost my self in remembering my life change. I know I am going on here but I also knew this was were I can turn back to..to get the guidence,ideas,support and to rant on like I am doing with others not judeging me and know first hand..we would never do this if we where going to go back down the same road..
now to do some research because like I said..i forgot how to do many things and that includes..eating the right way...may you all have a blessed day !
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is
the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'."
TXKashmir
on 2/19/12 4:07 am - Grand Prairie, TX
There is so much great advice here, I will not try to repeat it, but I just wanted to say that you've come to the right place! I would especially recommend reading the RNY board here - there are so many posts about your exact same situation.

You're not alone, and we DO understand. I have also had some regain at three years out - I'm not uncomfortable with it yet, but if I ever do get that way, I know what to do thanks to OH.

Welcome back!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Vivian Prouty
on 2/19/12 4:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Welcome back to the TMB and OH.    Go to 5daypouchtest.com and do what that says.   Trust me...none of us are exempt from re-gain.    BUT your "tool" does STILL WORK and all you have to do is move your body and do what you need to do whi*****liudes going back to the basics.    Good luck and we are ALL here for you if you need us.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Lalocaweta
on 2/20/12 12:54 am - Spicewood, TX
Your post is very similar to the one I made on the Monday Express.
I know that if I continue to engage in my eating habits, I am going to eventally also convince myself that I can have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. And then it will to a bottle.
Going back to basics is essential.
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views