Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/21/12 7:08 pm, edited 2/21/12 7:10 pm - Burleson, TX

ALL ABOARD !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/21/12 7:23 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, my TMB family!! Hope this finds everyone healthy/wealthy/wise...or at least 2 out of 3...

Wednesday is usually the busiest day of my work week-not sure how it could be much busier than the past 2 days..whew..having staff out on medical leave, and then having people "call in sick cuz their kid is out of school" BITES...okay...positive spandex granny panties on now...

Can you even believe our CAJUNGIRL is 7 years out now? WOW...but..then again..I can't remember when she WASN'T part of my life..or any of the rest of you, for that matter..you are part of me..and STUCK with me...

Please join me in welcoming BETH AKA "longhornrose" to the TMB. She posted yesterday, but I didn't see it until this morning. she hopped on the train yesterday too.

It's WEDNESDAY--so who has a WOOHOO??? It does NOT NOT NOT have to be a number on the scale--but it CAN be-if that's what you want to share. My WOOHOO:

I had my 6 month labs done last Wednesday-got results yesterday. My doctor-who is 36 yrs old-"complained" cuz MY cholestrol, etc is WAY better than HIS--ALL my levels were really good and my B12 has come up, since the neurologist increased mine, in October. Amazing what happens when you take your vitamins...

Hope everyone has a truly wonderful day!

PLEASE share YOUR WOOHOO-we love sharing in them with you!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

meggieintx
on 2/21/12 9:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good Morning Nurse diva!
Welcome Longhorn rose!
Congrats on your surgiversary Cajun Girl! What an accomplishment!

My woo hoo is that I have not been in the hospital in over 7 months!!! It is the longest I have gone in 5yrs! So WOO HOO!!!

House inspection was yesterday and it went great so it looks like I am buying the house! We close on the 15 and take possesion on the 19th! OMG...I am nervous and thrilled at the same time!

Trying  to keepmy weight up without going nuts and getting out of control. it is a very fine line with me!

Yall go out and make it a great day or just fake it!
Meggie
Megan 
Saundra P.
on 2/21/12 9:14 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Had a full day yesterday, Dad was to have day surgery but the equipment at the hospital in Sulphur Springs was not working so they were not able to do the skin graft of course didn't know this till after he was back in surgery and ready to use the machine.  Good news is the doctor said his wound has  healed 50% more since he seen him 2 weeks ago and believes it will heal without the graft in about a month.  At least I was able to work from the hospital so the day was not totally wasted.

Nothing exciting going on today, work is all that I have on the agenda.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 2/21/12 10:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning TMB,

Welcome to the TMB Longhorn Rose !!!   I haven't got enough coffee down to think much about WOO HOOs yet.   OH.....I do have one.    Went to SA and had a 8 hour pass with my son in Teen Challenge.   I did lots of walking with him and didn't get tired plus just getting over one of the worse sinus infections that I can remember every having I didn't get sick since most of our walking was in rain or drizzle.     Saundra...still praying for your Daddy that he will heal properly and get to go home,  Congrats Meggie on the house inspection going well for you and congrats on finding "your home",    Gina....praying for you that today will go well for  you and that you don't rip your hair out from stress and congrats to you also about your good report on your bloodwork and levels !!!!   Hope I didn't leave anyone out...didn't mean to if I did and congrats to Dana on 7 yrs. of success with your WLS.       Everyone enjoy today.   It's going to be BEAUTIFUL here in the DFW area.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

longhornrose
on 2/22/12 12:21 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Good morning Gina & Everyone!  Thanks so much for the warm welcome.  I can already tell this is a great place to "hang out"! 

I had a short night, trouble sleeping, because of a crick in my neck.  Finally took some ibuprofen (haven't had surgery yet, so enjoying it while I can), and fell asleep around 3 a.m., then up at 7:00.  Had to get dropped off at the car rental place when my husband went to work.  Took my teen son to breakfast @ McD's, then to school, and now back home.  I'm supposed to be packing and organizing for the trip to Port A, but I'm sitting here procrastinating, something I'm excellent at! 

As for WooHoo's, I had one last night, but then had a BooHoo later.  Had dinner at Macaroni Grill with hubby's clan, which I was dreading, because last time I was there (3 weeks ago), I made a complete pig of myself, and really didn't want to go back and do it again.  But, I was pretty good, and ordered one of their LoCal dinners, whi*****luded grilled chicken, pasta & tomatoes, and arugala.  Skipped most of the pasta, and so afterwards I was feeling quite self-righteous, and happy with myself.  That's my Woo-Hoo.  But. . . came home, sank into the sofa, and then proceeded to get out the peanut butter jar.  Bad idea.  I've really got a thing for peanut butter, and so rather than one tablespoon, I just chowed down.  So, went to bed after trading my Woo-Hoo for a Boo-Hoo!  Ah, well, live and learn.  IT'S A NEW DAY, and I'm going to get back on my wagon to today.

That's about all for me for now.  Hope everyone has a great day, and once again, thanks a lot for welcoming me!

Beth 

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Vivian Prouty
on 2/22/12 8:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Beth....I am going to MAKE YOUR DAY !!!   If you LOVE peanut butter you will have to go and find some PB2 in your area where you live or buy some online.   PB2 is powdered peanut butter that is AMAZING !!!!  They take the fat out and it is very low in calories.   I eat PB2 alot !!!  It is really really good and I have even taken it several times to my support group that I lead and mixed some up for them to try.   The chocolate PB2 is my favorite !!!! Oh you mix it with water till it becomes peanut butter consistency and it is great.   Real roasted peanut flavor.    It is 45 calories for 2 T. yes I did say 45 verses the 190 calories of the regular stuff and it is yummy.     That is something that you can check out.   It also has 4 grams of protein for those 2 T of it.    Good luck as you begin your WL journey.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Lalocaweta
on 2/22/12 12:28 am - Spicewood, TX
So glad today is Hump Day as I am ready for the weekend. We are going to San Marcos on Sunday to have dinner with the two oldest boys as it is the oldest's 32nd birthday. (Where did all the years go???)
Dreading my history class tonight. I have to give a 5 minute presentation to the class on feminism and how it has developed since the early 1910's through today. While I know the material without question - I HATE talking to crowds....
That said - pondering food choices for today. I have been eating for breakfast every morning 1 piece of toast with bacon...Think it is time to ponder something new.

Anne

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
JennD
on 2/22/12 2:02 am - Allen, TX
Hello all! I have a few woohoo Wed things going on today! Today is our benefits meeting at work which means I get to NOT do my job (woohoo 1) for a whole hour to go to a meeting where the tell us how good we did this year and then announce what our big bonus will be! (woohoo 2) It is projected to be quite large and since my husband and I both work there we will get two! ( woohoo 3). Woohoo 4 is that we get to pick up those checks on Friday! Oh and woohoo 5, just in case the other 4 weren't enough, is that it is my Friday which meansc comfy jeans day at work and a slightly shorter work day. Woohoo bring on the weekend! It's been a rough week but ending on a good note.
Dana, you are an amazing woman, congrats on your accomplishments over the last 7 years and thank you for sharing your wonderful self with the rest of us! Love you!
I'm not perfect but I'm me and that is good enough!

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 42 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 116 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 426 views