Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/22/12 7:08 pm - Burleson, TX
ALL ABOARD!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/22/12 7:21 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, all! Not sure if I'll be back to a computer today, so took this opportunity to crank up the early train. I'm going to Granbury this morning, to make some patient visits, and help with at least one admission. It's a beautiful town, and I love the people there, but always seem to stress about MY work that is will still be piling up/waiting for me to get back. Our Granbury nurse will be out on medical leave for at least another 3-4 weeks, so we'll just do the best we can to hold it all together. Somehow it all works out, when we do as we should-putting the patients' needs FIRST (well..duh!!..lol)

Today is the 22nd anniversary of my dad's death. So hard to believe it has been that long. Corbin was just a baby, and Pop held him just 10 minutes prior to Pop's passing. Time sure marches on-doesn't it? I'll do my best to get back to Burleson, before dark, to go to the cemetary, today.

Hope everyone has a safe, productive day. Do something special for YOU-and maybe for at least one other person-if you can't think of anybody-I volunteer to be your person!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Y'all !!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 2/22/12 9:22 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Gina and TMB,

My Daddy died 22 yrs ago too but he passed in Oct.   This Oct. will be 23 yrs since he passed away.  I still miss him too.   Not much on the agenda today but I have decided that I AM going to go and walk at the park today.    I should have done that yesterday too but I didn't.    My scale is NOT being nice and I am getting pretty upset about it.    UGH !!!!   Excuses need to stop and I need to get my butt moving and get that scale headed downward again.     I've been not making good choices at all and I have no one to blame but myself for it too.    As much as I hate to say it...I wish we would get some winter.     The bugs are sure going to be bad this year if it doesn't get cold and stay that way for a while.    I dread the fleas for my pets and the mosquitoes and other flying things if we don't get more winter.   Prayers for everyone in  need.    Have a blessed day everyone.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Saundra P.
on 2/22/12 9:55 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Didn't really want to get up this morning, stayed up to late last night. Work is all that is on my schedule today and it is loaded with meetings.  Think I will try to get out and enjoy the sunshine today, maybe walk around the block or something.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Don 1962
on 2/22/12 10:40 pm
Work this afternoon.  Was at Home Depot again yesterday.  May not get new countertops just yet but new floors for sure.  Managed to get 18 years out of cheap construction grade carpet but now it's time for to replace it.  There goes any plastic surgery for me anytime soon.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

longhornrose
on 2/22/12 10:48 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Mornin' everyone ~

It's kind of gloomy here in S. Texas.  The sun is peeking out once in awhile, but I think it's going to be cloudy, and we're supposed to get a front and a little rain.  Ugh.  I need sunshine!

My friends will be here at 11 a.m., and here I sit!  I'm supposed to be packing and loading the car for our trip to the beach, but as usual, I'm procrastinating!  As soon as I finish this, tho, I'm getting on with it.  (I promise. . . )

Was really busy yesterday, being nice to myself:  went shopping (but couldn't find anything I wanted - the "joys" of being SMO),
 got a haircut, and picked up our rental car - a 2012 Camry!  Oh, now I want a new car!  We're way over due - we have a perfectly serviceable 2002 Taurus, which of course could stand to be replaced, but I don't want a car payment!  You get spoiled after awhile, ya know? 

Guess I'd better go get stuff done.  I pick up my friends at 11, and it's already 8:45.  Hope all of you have a wonderful day.  If you've got sunshine, sent it my way, okay?

Hugs,

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Phyllis M.
on 2/23/12 1:43 am - Irving, TX
Good Morning everyone !!!
How ya doing.
I'm doing well - can't complain or at least trying NOT to complain...!!  lol

Amanda is getting anxious for her surgery -  she is such a woos on pain - this should be rather interesting.   Lets see -  I cant be a biotch while she is recovering like she was towards me during my recovery or I can pull my ""momma" panties up and support her and be there even though you know what I'd like to do !!  lol    My bad....           So I chose to support her all the way - this is the kick in the rear-end that I need to get back on track.  She is NOT going to "beat me"  lol         so we are both anxious  Her new journey date is 3-27-12

A friend of mine at work has been approved for the Sleeve as well - and her surgery date is on 3-28-12.    SO EXITED !!         I need to be the supporter and show them how it is suppose to be....  \
In my case - don't do as I do !!   lol    So that is just about all the excitement in my world

TTYL !! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Laura P.
on 2/23/12 6:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to stop by and make myself accountable! LOL! I really need to get back on a routine! Well, now that I'm back at work, I have sort of, but I need to loose weight again! I'm up about 40 lbs and it's aggrivating me! I know you know what I mean. I'm drinking pritein shakes in the morning, making sure I take my vitamins, getting plenty of protein, but not getting the exercise! Just a lazy butt!

However, sitting around does let me get in some knitting. I can't exercise much during the week because I work four 10-hour days and I'm out of the house by 5:30 to catch the train to Dallas and don't get home till after dark, usually around 7:30 or so, but I'm loving being back at work!! The Department of Education is sooooo different than the USPS! Wow! And with an hour ride, I can knit on the train. I've been making socks and hats lately.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to work. Loving seeing all the smiling faces here! I miss ya! I guess I'd better come back and make sure that I'm doint what I'm supposed to be doing!

Love ya! Have a great day!!

Initial surgery 2006-Highest weight 305 - got down to 180
Having revision surgery soon!
Current 265 / Goal 180
"We can't all be heros. Someone has to clap for me when I walk by!"

Alissa A.
on 2/23/12 9:01 pm - Keller, TX
Laura- so great to hear from you! I'm glad you're working and are doing well. Sounds like its a long day for sure. Hope to see you soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 42 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 116 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 426 views