RNY on 2-20 Baylor WLS? Diet Help!!

Alma Salazar
on 2/25/12 7:29 am - Dallas, TX
Hi everyone,
I had the gastric bypass with Dr.Kuhn on Monday.  I'm a little confused on my liquid diet. It's not clear liquids as I'm allowed skim/1% milk, cream soups, pureed vegeggies/fruit.  I'm looking for recipe ideas on getting through this phase.  Any good websites out there?  Or patients who have Dr. Kuhn that have been through this?  please help.  I'm hispanic so I like spicy and anything mexican flavor related.  I would greatly appreciate your advice & guidance.  Thanks! 
Vivian Prouty
on 2/25/12 7:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Welcome to the TMB and congrats on your wls.    Here is the link to the recipe forum here on OH.   There are usually lots of ideas on there for the liquid phase.   Also check out eggfaces website.   The worldaccordingtoeggface.com.    She has LOTS of recipes for shakes in all phases of your journey.   You can take beef or chicken broth and add seasonings to them.   I LOVE spicy foods too and I have pureed jalapenos in things when I was on the liquid phase.     Good luck on your journey and ask questions anytime.    Usually the weekends are slow on the TMB.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Don 1962
on 2/25/12 12:14 pm
Hi Alma!

Dr. Kuhn did my RNY four years ago this April and I'm down and maintaining a 160 pound loss.

I really can't recall all the detail but from what I can recall I became lactose intolerant post op and the little bit of milk I could tolerate had to be thin as water.  Cream soups, grits with cheese, mashed potatoes and SF Blue Bullets were my mainstays till I could move on to poached eggs and meats for protein.

Till your pouch heals up good you might want to lay off the spices and jalapeno peppers.  No since chancing an ulcer when you don't have to.  He will have you on an antacid at the beginning.  Stick with them.  Makes a world of difference. 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/25/12 9:52 pm - Burleson, TX

ALMA-congrats on your revision!

I agree with DON-I'd go easy on the spices, at this stage of the game. Think of your "guts" as a newborn baby, and feed it accordingly. You'll want to "ease" into new things, and see how your body reacts, before moving on to "stronger" stuff. A "grouchy" pouch does NOT a happy mama make !!

I agree with VIVIAN on checking out eggface's website-for EVERY stage of your journey-AWESOME recipes. Some are way over my head, but she has simpler stuff too.

In time, you'll probably be able to have most anything your family has-and most-if not all- of your favorites-in moderation-but-for now-take it slowly-and be very kind to your new, VERY tender, "baby" guts..

We will be here for you, every step of the way. Feel free to ask ANY question-large or small. We've all BTDT. You won't shock us, and we're here to support you/cheer with you/cry with you

Looking forward to your future posts!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 2/26/12 1:20 am - Livingston, TX
Congrats on your surgery Alma. Another good source for recipes is Susan Maria's bariatriceating.com

She has an area with recipes. I know I ate Campbell's cream and tomato soups and put them thru a strainer to get rid of e meat chunks right after surgery. I would add some Whey protein without flavor for some extra protein.

Hope this helps.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Alma Salazar
on 2/26/12 1:34 am - Dallas, TX
 Wow!   You guys are so awesome!! Make me feel so much better. 
I will try those websites & take all your advice to heart. Im happy to know Dr.kuhns patients! Shout out!!
I still have a drain that will be out on Tuesday. Aside from low energy & ocassional tummy aches, im good!  Just have to get through this week! ; ) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views