Revision Surgery

Silhouette56
on 5/10/12 5:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Im considering revision surgery,checking to see if anyone has any info or the name of a Dr who does this surgery after a Gastric Bypass? I know its abit more dangerous or intense so I also know some Dr's wont perform the procedure after an open Gastric Bypass.
Vivian Prouty
on 5/10/12 11:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
 What type of surgery are you considering.   My surgeon Dr. David D. Kim he usually does lapband over bypass.    You could call the office if you want to though and ask if he could do a revision to the sleeve.   I don't really think that your pouch would be big enough for that though.    He would first probably need to do a swallow test in his office to check the size of your pouch.    He is a excellent doctor.    Beware of alot of them though.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Silhouette56
on 5/10/12 7:35 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Vivian
Dr Kim was my first choice,he does not do anything over an open gastric bypass. I have spoken to his office and am disappointed so I need to find another Dr.His office did suggest Dr Provost in Dentn,anyone have feedback on this office and practice. Thanks so much for responding. Susan
shana lewis
on 5/10/12 10:20 pm - TX
My Dr. John Alexander does this- I had revision with him last Feb and turned out Great!

Call his office- he is AMAZING!!!

If you want a friend, show yourself friendly!!

Phyllis M.
on 5/11/12 12:24 am - Irving, TX
My Dr. John Alexander does this-

Does what Shana -  RNY to ???    I've heard that there are very few docs here in DFW metroplex that does any revisions from RNY to whatever.......I"m thinking about considering this if there is something that I can go too...    Any suggestions?    Maybe the DS??  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Vivian Prouty
on 5/11/12 10:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
 I would check with the doctor that Dr. Kim suggested.   Dr. Daryl Stewart is the ONLY surgeon in the DFW area who is REALLY experienced with DS.    You might call his office and ask if he can do DS from RNY.    Also be very very careful who you choose.  One of the doctors recommended to you I have heard did 2 DS and one was a revision from RNY and the patient almost died.     So beware.    

Hugs and blessings  ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Silhouette56
on 5/11/12 10:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Thanks very much,so glad to have the input. Susan 
hamilbr
on 5/11/12 2:31 am - Lewisville, TX
Dr. Daryl Stewart (Denton) has done revisions.  and he is a great surgeon.  I'm a virgin DS'er but I do know of a few Bypass patients that he revised to DS.  

Brenda

Silhouette56
on 5/11/12 2:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Ok,I guess Im not familiar with DS. Is it a procedure or ??
hamilbr
on 5/11/12 5:39 am - Lewisville, TX

go to   dsfacts.com   you can read about the procedure there.  I had the surgery in Nov 2009--weight was 415 lbs and have lost down to 190 lbs.
I did my research and decied that the DS was the best WLS for me.  I know that some people who have had revisions, have a rougher/slower recovery process.  So, do your research. 

Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 49 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 434 views