on 10/28/12 8:06 pm, edited 10/28/12 8:09 pm - Burleson, TX

Let's see if I remember how to do this:

ALL ABOARD !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/28/12 8:34 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, all ! I haven't done this in longer than I realized, and barely remembered how to do it..plus the edit button moved..but I was determined! Victory is mine! Gotta take the kudos where you can get them, you know..lol...

God helped lift a huge weight off me last Thursday. After yet another really great co-worker had been harrassed/terminated I knew something had to give for ME. That hot knot in my gut could be fixd, if only I had the courage. The gestapo's favorite phrase for everyone, when she fired them was "You are not a good fit"....so...Thursday afternoon, as she and I were about to have our weekly a@@ chewing mtg, my mouth just started moving, and I told her "This job is no longer a good fit for my life". I never raised my voice/did not argue/did not cuss..and best of all-I did not CRY !! My eyes often wimp out on me anytime I get emotional (happy/sad/glad). Because of the nature of my work they did not want me sticking around for 2 weeks (like I would know HOW to erase computer files-or EVER make life harder for the next person-I just wouldn't), so I left within the hour. I recieved multiple calls/texts/FB messages, etc, when the Gestapo sent out the mass email telling people I was gone. There were some excellent people there, and hope to keep in touch with them.

Now..for the "walking on faith" part. Y'all the saying of "If money wasn't an issue what job would you want to do"? I had been thinking long and hard on that one. My first choice would be to sell sea shells by the sea shore, but my name isn't Sally, so that wouldn't really work (seriously-the BEACH would be my choice-always-but y'all know that). My 2nd choice to bedside hospice nursing, which I can't do right now, was when I was the "school nurse" my friends' 6 daycare centers.,,but I don't even want THAT much driving around, etc...soooo...one of my best buds offered me a position to be the "head GiGi" in her infant nursery. The money sucks, but the rest of it sounds exactly like what I need. I start today-6 miles from home..instead of 40..I tend to spend what I Make, so I just won't be able to spend nearly as much !!

Okay..good grief....so sorry for the novel...Just felt like I needed to catch y'all up, after having been gone for so long..

Can't wait to be able to catch up on YOU YOU YOU !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 10/28/12 10:00 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Gina.....SO glad to see you start the train.  I for one have really MISSED YOU !!!! Ya know...money is NOT everything and it does Not bring you happiness.    Sometimes we just have to take the bull by the horns and create our own happiness.    That new job sounds PERFECT for you other than the pay.    But you know....GOD is in control of everything and he can make anything happen.    Everyone loves you girl and those will be some very lucky babies having you there to love and kiss on them.    Congrats for your giving that woman that horrible job back.    That's very sad when you don't have time to come here and at least say hello.    I doubt that I would have lasted on the job as long as you did.   LOL   SO WELCOME BACK to the TMB.    I'm going to Vegas next week for 3 days and 3 nights.    I almost thought I was going to have to go to the hospital last night.   I'm sure my intestines were doing the twist.   UGH   Thank God my 7 yr. check up is this AM although I'm not super thrilled about what the scale is telling me right now.   Thank you STRESS for not leaving me alone like I asked you too !!!  UGH Life sucks sometimes but I know it will soon get better.    Love ya'll.....do your protein...drink all your water.....take your vits and make great choices today.    Here is a picture of Tigerlily at church yesterday in her Halloween costume as none other than a Tiger ( she had her hat off ).   She was smiling at Pastor Eric as he preached.   Love that precious baby.

Photo: Tigerlily smiling at pastor Eric during church.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Vivian Prouty
on 10/28/12 10:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Not sure what is up with the photo but if you click on the photo I posted above it clears up.   Thanks    Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Don 1962
on 10/28/12 10:32 pm

After you walking maybe the "gestapo's" superiors will see a pattern in that all of her underlings are leaving and ask what is the malfunction?  I've worked for some idiots like what you describe and have walked too so you're not alone in that regard.  In the meantime good thing you have the new "gig" to fill your time.  May not fill your bank account but will keep you busy.

Managed to get in a fairly extensive house cleaning yesterday.  Jan has a friend coming up next weekend for First Monday and wants to show off the domicile.  She also baked up some home made pies to take to some of her "charges" at TYC.  It is a "reward" for them taking their meds and behaving.  Given the family history of many of those boys it may be for first time some of them have ever tasted homemade deserts in their lives.

Speaking of staying busy back to work today.  Have to get off the computer to start the process to get "suited and booted".

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/29/12 7:31 am - Burleson, TX

Quick update: Today went really well. Travel time was a grand total of 30 minutes-ROUND TRIP ! I spent most of the day doing the "Orientation thing" -paperwork, etc. The funniest part was when I gort to the sections on SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome=THOSE were written by ME, several years ago, so I wound up having to study-and take a quiz-on my own stuff ! Thank y'all for all the well wishes, and for always having my back!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Lalocaweta
on 10/29/12 12:08 pm - Spicewood, TX

Gina:

Wonderful to see you. I have been semi present, but not as much as I would like. As for the job, I have decided as we get close to middle age (we are NOT there yet) that where we work should be a place that we wake up in the morning and want to get there. I refuse to take a job when I graduate in December that I cannot feel that way. And thanks to my wonderful husband I can do that.

My heart goes out to the people (men and women both) who do not have this choice. But, such is life!

Anne

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/29/12 8:15 pm - Burleson, TX

ANNE- exactly!!! And you're not supposed to WANT to br stuck in slow traffic, to postpone having to get to work...and I couldn't even use cramps to call in once a month anymore..

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 10/28/12 9:52 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning

Gina, hope you enjoy the new job.  I am sure closer to home and not dreading going to work everyday will out weight the money.

I had a busy weekend, went to the OAC convention  Fri and Sat and did the walk on Sunday.   Ran over to Methodists to check on Dad between events and he is doing great, he is on liquid diet till he passes gas and hoping that happens today.  Will feel much better knowing things are working.

My MIL is back in hospital she will most likely go home with  hospice care, they are suppose to come talk to them today.

Work and visiting dad is on my agenda.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

hamilbr
on 10/29/12 3:12 am - Lewisville, TX

Hi everyone,

Had a great weekend.  My visit with Dad was good.  He is doing really well right now.  Praying that we can keep him well this winter.  So, it was back to work for me today.  Started the day off good with the computer system not wanting to let me clock in!  Same thing happened on Friday, so I guess it just doesn't like me--Will have to have co-worker with a higher code go in and reset my passcode.  Anyways, hoping everyone has a wonderful week...

Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 54 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 129 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 437 views