Tuesday WLS Express - All Aboard!!

Don 1962
on 2/4/13 7:18 pm

I can't speak for the ridership from the rest of the state but it is FOGGY on this end.  Drive carefully if you have to be out in it.

More crime fighting by grime fighting today.  That's it in a nutshell.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Saundra P.
on 2/4/13 8:25 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning

Too much snacking last night. I stayed within my calorie range but snack choices should have been better and since I was eating out of boredom should have went to bed instead staying up past midnight.

I have been awake since DH alarm went off at 5, going to try to go back to sleep before I start my work day in a couple if hours. Lunch time nap might be added to my agenda.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Karla Lewis
on 2/4/13 8:27 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning! It's very foggy here too this morning. I'm off to work today at least until mid afternoon. I have to go get my bi annual blood draw this morning first as soon as the lab opens.

Already got exercise out of the way with the elliptical and some strength training.

Have a good day!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/5/13 1:39 am - Burleson, TX

KARLA-is your Vit D level part of your biannual lab? I am curious, because mine just started to be, and my new doctor was stressing to me how RNY peeps need to be concentrating even MORE on VitD than we THOUGHT we did

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 2/5/13 7:54 am - Livingston, TX
Yes.my dr. Has been ordering what y WLS surgeon wanted as labs. Vit. A, e and k are all Parton it as well as the bs and usual stuff. Urine sample too...it was such fun. I have to turn around and do it again Friday for a life insurance physical...

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/4/13 9:09 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, all ! I've been up since a lil after 2am, so now I want to go take a nap, but it's about time to scoot out the door..bummer...

I saw a new doctor yesterday, who acted like she was going to make it her personal life mission to get my migraines under control..awesome!! It started with a shot of something that had me asleep by 5pm (thus the 2am wake up call today!)..and by golly..my 9 day headache is GONE !! Dr H. seemed to have alot of knowledge about RNY pts/malabsorption, etc. She made a few med adjustments, with more to come in 2 weeks, after lab, head CT scan..She has migraines herself, and didn't treat me like a moron..She's also big on PAIN PREVENTION..I think I'm really going to like her...

On another good note, I have not stepped on a scale since before Thanksgiving, when I got disgusted with myself-and with the scale..but HAD to weigh, at dr office, of course..and the number was substantially less than was in November...I know I've been getting my act back together, and that "numbers don't matter"...yea..WHATEVER...lol...I almost didn't look at the number..but glad now I did...

Ok..time to rock and roll..hope your Tuesday is TERRIFIC !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 2/5/13 7:55 am - Livingston, TX
Congrats on smaller numbers !

Vivian Prouty
on 2/5/13 12:21 am - Fort Worth, TX

Good Morning Everyone,

Although I am SO tired I'm not sure it will be a "good day".    I've got to "handle" some things that went on here at home last night while I was on my way home from San Antonio.    My husband had to go to Care Now and my son took him to Walgreens to get 6 prescriptions filled.   I do NOT use Walgreens and they charged $400 for the meds.    I am going to go have a "discussion" with them about that.    Their machine was down to take our medical card.   UGH I sure didn't need nor want more stress since the motel that my niece made reservations at the beds honestly felt like boards rather than mattresses.   I have NEVER started out on one side of the bed and ended up on the other side before.   I could NOT find a comfortable spot anywhere and my shoulder, back and neck all hurt yesterday from it.    They didn't even have comfortable pillows either.   They said that they are going to stay there every time because it's cheap.   Sorry I'd rather pay a little more and get a good nights sleep.    SO I doubt seriously that I will go very often.   She did want me go with her this first time to help ask questions.    I need to get off here and get busy.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/5/13 1:38 am - Burleson, TX

VIVIAN-please take this in the manner it is intended: I am worried about you. I read your post 3 times. Nowhere in it do YOU sound like YOU. I realize you are probably beyond tired/stressed, but your post makes you sound like a completely NEGATIVE stranger.

I will lift up special prayers for you today. I hope you find some peace-and get some good rest !

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 2/5/13 8:38 am - Fort Worth, TX

Thanks Gina.   I need LOTS of prayers right now with all that is going on in my life.   I was truly praying that this trip would relieve some stress instead it seems to have added to the stress.   I know I am a negative nellie today and I am usually the complete opposite.    Hopefully with a good nights sleep tonight ( I AM going to go to bed early ) hopefully I will be much better in the AM.   Please everyone forgive me for being so negative but when so much is going on at one time and I can't deal with it all....I tend to get this way.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views